a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about Monster Effects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NostalgiaX

NostalgiaX

Member Title : Novice Duelist

Question about Monster Effects Empty
PostSubject: Question about Monster Effects   Question about Monster Effects Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:40 pm

Okay, so I'm fairly new to coding cards in YGOPro. I want to make an archetype consisting of nothing but Effect Monster cards. However, some of their effects are things like "Shuffle this card into the Extra Deck" or "This card is treated as a Synchro Monster while face-up on the field." Is it possible to code something like that, and if so, how can it be done?
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

PostSubject: Re: Question about Monster Effects   Question about Monster Effects Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 5:47 am

Did you try adding this?

local e2=Effect.CreateEffect(c)
e2:SetType(EFFECT_TYPE_SINGLE)
e2:SetCode(EFFECT_ADD_TYPE)
e2:SetValue(TYPE_SYNCHRO)
c:RegisterEffect(e2)
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
NostalgiaX

NostalgiaX

PostSubject: Re: Question about Monster Effects   Question about Monster Effects Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:29 am

I did. It still goes to the Main Deck rather than the Extra Deck.
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Member Title : Trixie does not even...

PostSubject: Re: Question about Monster Effects   Question about Monster Effects Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:01 am

That combo wouldn't work since the synchro effect only affects it on the field. That I know, there's no way to send a main deck monster to the extra deck face-down... ever. And Vice-versa. At least not yet. Maybe next set we'll get something like that. You could try looking up anime cards, some have ridiculous effects. I am curious as to how you would bring back a main deck monster from the extra deck (like if it was just to normal summon a monster from your extra deck so you always have access to a decent monster).
Back to top Go down
NostalgiaX

NostalgiaX

PostSubject: Re: Question about Monster Effects   Question about Monster Effects Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 4:32 am

TGAP-Trixie wrote:
That combo wouldn't work since the synchro effect only affects it on the field. That I know, there's no way to send a main deck monster to the extra deck face-down... ever. And Vice-versa. At least not yet. Maybe next set we'll get something like that. You could try looking up anime cards, some have ridiculous effects. I am curious as to how you would bring back a main deck monster from the extra deck (like if it was just to normal summon a monster from your extra deck so you always have access to a decent monster).

I was afraid of that. I mean, if it's at all possible to send it to the extra deck, even face-up, I'd take it... But I can see why it wouldn't exist.

The archetype actually works by NOT having cards (except Pendulum Monsters) in your Extra Deck, meaning having Fusion/Synchro/Xyz monsters wouldn't work. Instead, the effect monsters serve as the Fusion/Synchro/Xyz monster you get by revealing it from your hand, shuffling it into the Extra Deck, and then drawing another card. The effect monster can then be summoned from the Extra Deck as a Fusion/Synchro/Xyz monster (depending on the monster's effect).
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

PostSubject: Re: Question about Monster Effects   Question about Monster Effects Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:18 am

Well there are ways to do it without pendulums but we'd need to cannibalize several effects is ways I don't think they keep working. Sad Hopefully outlaw puts in an easy way to make new commands for effects to use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about Monster Effects   Question about Monster Effects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about Monster Effects

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1