a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mini Local Server idea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

Mini Local Server idea Empty
PostSubject: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:37 am

It might be rather interesting to use to test the server but also it would have lower power and functions than the full server for us.  Basically meant for those wanting to duel to setup a smaller server to grab up to say 20 or so players at most and make it so they don't have to connect to different IP addresses manually.  That aside it wouldn't hold many players and would also act like a normal server but way less functionality and only make it easier to duel several players over and over again through LAN Mode.  Basically the Local Server would be started up in the multiplayer section, one game client acts like the server and another has to be started up with the launch button in order to play on said local server.  Since it uses LAN Mode someone still has to put in the IP and Port of the local server unlike the main one.  Also when up it would display all open duel in the LAN Mode duel selection list. Razz 

Other than that not much to go on for this idea right now though so it might just be a nice way to make it slightly easier to duel over and over using LAN Mode.
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

Member Title : Red-Eyes Lord

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 2:11 pm

problem is atm we dont have the money to even afford a small server i would honestly add more but im tight on money atm as i just lost my job
Back to top Go down
https://mackpro.forumotion.com
AoO

AoO

Member Title : Noob4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:23 pm

outlaw1994 wrote:
problem is atm we dont have the money to even afford a small server i would honestly add more but im tight on money atm as i just lost my job

Sorry for that...
Would there be at least possibility to make kind of a group room, where all members who wants to have a duel each other are in, and coordinate the duels from there??
Let's say I want to have a duel and say it so in this room, my 'request' would be stand on a
list with other members who also wants to have a duel. Then other members, who aren't list there, can answer them and duel them through hamachi (for that you have also to say your network that you can connect through hamachi).
Maybe the chat of this site could finally come to an use, until a server is online. ^^'
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 6:21 pm

outlaw1994 wrote:
A local Server would be a small client end deployed server anyone could start up so it wouldn't cost any money on your part or ours to get fired up. Smile That's likely the only good thing about it aside from acting like a mini-group room.

Also sorry on the job. Sad
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:50 am

Dont worry about the job it was my own fault i got fired (blew up the fridge ) also im more than happy to give the server a go if someone can find one
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 am

Oh dear, exploding fridge. O_o

I think we could recode or reuse code from part of the Game Client to be used as a mini-local server.
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 1:18 am

you mean sort of like hamachi but have the duels host as a server allowing to duel without hamachi??
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 1:24 am

outlaw1994 wrote:
you mean sort of like hamachi but have the duels host as a server allowing to duel without hamachi??
Yep, basically the game has all the code to connect we just have to reuse some of it and make a server-like thing out of what we can use of it. Razz All we'd have to do is basically rerig some of the code to hold a list of duelists or duels rather thanone duel. Smile
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 1:28 am

already working on it i was about half way done on it when i lost my old laptop but im recoding it though i did want it to be a surprise lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mini Local Server idea   Mini Local Server idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mini Local Server idea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1