a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this card OP?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:52 am

Hey there^^
I just wanted to hear an opinion about this card here:

Extrauniversal Rune Sphere
Field Spell
When this card is activated, both players can special summon 1 fusion monster, except a dragon-type monster, by revealing the fusion materials from any location, except the extra deck, ignoring the summoning conditions (this counts as correct fusion summon using the revealed fusion materials). The monster(s) is unaffected by other card effects, except of it's own and this cards card effect, and cannot attack until your opponents next standby phase. As long as the (one of the) monster(s) summoned by this cards effect remains on the field, this card is unaffected by other cards effects and the maximum hand size of the player controlling a monster special summoned by this cards effect becomes 3. Once per turn, during either players turn, you can discard this card and 1 trap card from your hand if the conditions are met to activate the discarded trap card. Only 1 "Extrauniversal Rune Sphere" can be activated as a field spell per duel. The soul of whichever duelist loses this duel is forfeit to the winner.

The "using the revealed fusion material monsters" is for cards like Chimeratech or Dark Gaia, the "once per duel" clause exists so that no one can abuse this card to summon three really strong monsters. And the dragon-type exception... Well, we don't need more dragon-support, do we? I hope this cards drawback is ok...
The soul thing could pop up as a little message on the screen, which could be kina funny IMO.

Version 2

Field Spell
When this card is activated, both players can special summon 1 fusion monster, except a dragon-type monster, by revealing the fusion materials from any location, except the extra deck, ignoring the summoning conditions (this counts as correct fusion summon using the revealed fusion materials) and if you do, banish the revealed cards. The monster(s) is unaffected by other card effects, except of it's own and this cards card effect, and cannot attack until your opponents next standby phase. As long as the (one of the) monster(s) summoned by this cards effect remains on the field, this card is unaffected by other cards effects and the maximum hand size of the player controlling a monster special summoned by this cards effect becomes 3. Once per turn, during either players turn, you can discard this card and 1 trap card from your hand if the conditions are met to activate the discarded trap card. Only 1 "Extrauniversal Rune Sphere" can be activated as a field spell per duel. The soul of whichever duelist loses this duel is forfeit to the winner.

With added banishing.

Version 3

Field Spell
When this card is activated, both players can special summon 1 fusion monster, except a dragon-type monster, by revealing the fusion materials from any location, except the extra deck, ignoring the summoning conditions (this counts as correct fusion summon using the revealed fusion materials) and if you do, shuffle the revealed cards into the deck. The monster(s) is unaffected by other card effects, except of it's own and this cards card effect, and cannot attack until your opponents next standby phase. As long as the (one of the) monster(s) summoned by this cards effect remains on the field, this card is unaffected by other cards effects and the maximum hand size of the player controlling a monster special summoned by this cards effect becomes 3. Once per turn, during either players turn, you can discard this card and 1 trap card from your hand if the conditions are met to activate the discarded trap card. Only 1 "Extrauniversal Rune Sphere" can be activated as a field spell per duel. The soul of whichever duelist loses this duel is forfeit to the winner.

Back in black to deck.

Please, tell me your thoughts.

Greetings
VB99

Last edited by VB99 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Member Title : Trixie does not even...

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Well if you just reveal, that might be OP, since you can reveal from rfp or the GY. At the same time, it's just when the card is activated, so the opp could just have a solemn/bottomless/torrential waiting for it and never have to worry about it again. I'm a bit conflicted  Question
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Well, I wanted to create a "once per duel" Gate Material... Maybe I can change it to "banish after revealing"? The thing is, if I banish, Worm and Chimeratech would have their deck thinned quite fast... Maybe I could do the opposite, like "sent back to the deck after being revealed" so that you make your own deck thicker by using this cards effect?
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:57 am

Could look at the code of some of the cards if all else fails, if you're confused.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:21 pm

Well, I just want to know if the effect is, like, balanced.
When it comes to scripting, I'm sur that I need to take the code from chain material, especially since I'm probably going to use the "banish" variant...
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:47 pm

lol I've never been a good gauge of OPness until I see it in action. Smile
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Ok? XD
...I'll probably add something like "destroy the monster after the 3rd Standby Phase after activation"...
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:18 am

Well if you're gonna compare it/base it off of chain material, then yeah, it's a fair card. It's nowhere near as abusive as chain material as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Well, I hope so... Though, I'm planning to make an tiny archetype about this card :3

It will focus on defensive effects that have very harsh drawbacks (like skipping a turn).
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Ooh, that might go well with heavyweight samurais TBH. The defensive part anyways.
Good luck. I'll remember to side in DMF against your archetype  Razz
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 12:39 am

Maybe XD

To give examples what I mean by "defensive":

I thought about a card that can return all S/T-Cards on the opponents side of the field back to his hand by making me discard it, but my opponent can look at my hand, select a card in it and send it under my deck.

Or a card that can let's me declare a card name of a card in my hand or on my side of the field and make cards of the declared name unaffected by card effects, but if I do, my opponent can do the same and can specialsummon a monster from either players graveyard to his side of the field as an exchange.

I also considered a card that sends a monster back to the hand, but I'll need to skip my next draw phase for it.

So many possibilities...

In general, the archtypes strategie is to protect cards of mine from bad surprises...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is this card OP? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is this card OP?   Is this card OP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is this card OP?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1