a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Empty
PostSubject: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:19 pm

OK time to test the rules here and see what I can cook up.

Will post a link if able to a gamefaqs topic that has tons of custom card ideas later for those that really want to rake their brains. :p

Meantime:
Fixed both but still need ideas for them:
Elemental Burst Cannon
Quick-Play Spell
While you control a number of face-up monsters whose total level or rank is 12 or higher and that's attributes are treated as more than one attribute or have an effect(s) that affect multiple attributes you can destroy all cards on the field and in both players' hands.  Each player than draws 3 cards.

Still working out making some of these less broken so expect the effects to change a bit to account for that when and if needed.  Also keep in mind the originals of these are 10 times as broken as what's here. Smile

Last edited by StormWing0 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

Member Title : Red-Eyes Lord

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 1:29 am

please read the rules you are not allowed to make a divine/divine-beast monster as they aren't an official konami type please change it also these are way too broken Elemental Dragon Elementos - Master & Creator of the Elements get minimal of 36000 atk on its summon
Back to top Go down
https://mackpro.forumotion.com
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:44 pm

outlaw1994 wrote:
please read the rules you are not allowed to make a divine/divine-beast monster as they aren't an official konami type please change it also these are way too broken Elemental Dragon Elementos - Master & Creator of the Elements get minimal of 36000 atk on its summon

Currently working on revisions for them.  Main idea of a theme for them was based around attribute changing and taking advantage of the attribute with the highest number of cards for it as well as cards that had an effect on several attributes at once or where effected based on what attributes were on the field like the Element monsters.  lol now that a read the top two over again their original effects were probably less broken.  Will try to find them in the topic on another board if able.   Meantime I'll spoiler comment them out for now and stick to changed versions of current cards. :p
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

Member Title : Red-Eyes Lord

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 12:05 am

no problem just remember no divine cards
Back to top Go down
https://mackpro.forumotion.com
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 4:48 am

outlaw1994 wrote:
no problem just remember no divine cards

My only excuse for using the divine attribute or type at all when making cards is when said card is unable to use any other due to causing issues like making said attribute/type OP or the other attributes or types make 0 sense for it to have.  In my time making custom cards even in my head there are only 3 that ever used it and you've seen one of them.

Never did figure out why the divine attribute and type were never built on but still let be used.  Guess Konami had the same issue with those 4 it made too. :p

All admit though it's type could easily change to dragon, as for attribute light made no sense and the other made even less given the nature of the card.  I'll see if I can find the confounded thing at some point.  It's old effect gave it more of a reason than this one that's for sure.

The original effect made The Seal Of the Elements and Elementos masters of manipulating attribute and type meanwhile making them very dangerous to face but not exactly hard to bring down with common cards if you can get their user to trip over the effects which was very easy to do since the opponent had the option to use at least two cards from their deck as a counter if able one a turn.  If you can think of the right attribute for it that can use this theme idea for them and not be OP let me know since DIVINE is the the only one that ever made sense for its attribute at least.

Meantime something a little less OP I came up with that tinkers with some of our old favorites. :p

Old Cards With New Tricks:

lol still need to get back into the swing of things anyways when it comes to card making.  The cards should get less broken as I start remembering some of my old tricks for making them seem nice and OP until someone reads the whole thing. :p It also seems I'm better at making cards based around challenges so if anyone has got a challenge to get my gears spinning have at it.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

Member Title : D.D. Dragon Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Wouldn't a MST w/ negating effect read: "Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field. If this card is activated in response to the targeted card's activation, negate the activation of the card, then destroy it."?
Back to top Go down
http:// https://www.youtube.com/user/cane63106/videos
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 1:38 am

cane_63106 wrote:
Wouldn't a MST w/ negating effect read: "Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field. If this card is activated in response to the targeted card's activation, negate the activation of the card, then destroy it."?

hmm, sounds better but tried to make the one I was using have a recoil to it due to wider area of effect with what it uses to stop other cards. Although yours seems to be what most people would be thinking of more likely. Smile

Still working on the effect for the top two cards in the first post, might remake this topic and continue adding too it in the multicards section.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:10 am

want me to reword those for you? i can't do .lua for crap, but i'm very imaginative when it comes to coming up with effects. i can tone it down and change a few things around while still keeping it original to what you've come up with.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:48 pm

cane_63106 wrote:
want me to reword those for you? i can't do .lua for crap, but i'm very imaginative when it comes to coming up with effects. i can tone it down and change a few things around while still keeping it original to what you've come up with.

Have at it if you want.  Meantime I'm going to try my hand at getting my two elemental cards in the OP back to their original theme and format since I just remembered their effects right. :p

OK fixed the two spoiler tagged in the OP,  now just have to figure out how to make it so their effects aren't so dang long. XD  Each individual effect on each of them might not be OP but I'm sure someone could figure out how to turn them in death walking if given the chance so any ideas?
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:33 pm

are these called 'Element' monsters? I was thinking of the seal letting you special summon 1 Element monster from your hand or deck with a level 1-5 equal to the die roll and if you roll a 6 you can pop out your boss monster plus stopping any other summons for you that turn. I'd need to see more of your cards to really know what the archetype is supposed to gain from playing around with elements/attributes. here's what I had for your boss monster from what you had as an effect last night.

Elemental Dragon Elementos - Master & Creator of the Elements
Lv12/Dragon/Light/Effect
ATK: ?
DEF: ?
This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of The Seal of Elements. When this card is Special Summoned you can pay any number of life points x1000 to destroy cards on the field for each 1000 life points paid. During your Main Phase 1: you can declare 1 ATTRIBUTE. This card's ATK/DEF becomes the number of monsters in all players Graveyards of that ATTRIBUTE x600. Once per turn: Declare 1 ATTRIBUTE and 1 TYPE. This card is treated as those declared until your next Standby Phase. If this card battles a monster that isn't this card's ATTRIBUTE and TYPE destroy that monster with this card's effect without calculating Battle Damage. If this card is in face-up Attack Position at the beginning of your Battle Phase, it must attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If you skip your Draw Phase you can roll a 6-sided die and add that number of monster cards in your Graveyard to your deck and shuffle it. Once per turn you can declare 2 ATTRIBUTES: banish all monsters of 1 in your Graveyard then you and your opponent can Special Summon as many monsters of the other from the owner's Graveyards.

It's still a Divine-Type killer if you don't declare this card's ATTRIBUTE as Divine plus, it has its multiple attacks, power up off ATTRIBUTES, etc
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 am

hmm interesting.

The general idea behind Elementos and The Seal of the Elements is attribute and type control but like the Element cards doing something with that like gaining a strong but hardly unbeatable effect due to things like number of a given attribute. For some strange reason I've always wanted to avoid using a given attribute as its default like LIGHT and was going for either a ? attribute like what is done with ATK and DEF when they don't have a starting value or using DIVINE due to it sounding like it would fit the part. In the current version (which needs some rewording badly Embarassed ) it uses the ? (unknown) for it's attribute until given a reason to take one like being targeted by an effect or as it states at the start of the duel. Might have to make a simple example card using ? Attribute and ? Type to see if I can get the wording right for that style of effect at some point. Nice helping out on the effect though, much easier to read then mine not to mention clearer on what it does. Embarassed

Here's a try at ? Attribute and Type; A little puzzled as to how to not make it sound OP or hard to use. In this case it works just like ? ATK and DEF do but in their case they default to 0 but here we'd have to come up with a Default since there is non known Default for attribute and type. Level/Rank would most likely Default to 1 if they had a ? for them.
Attempt 1 at ? Attribute/Type:
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 7:57 am

How about you make a deck of ATTRIBUTE changing monsters that negate the effects/special summoning/attacks of monsters your opponent controls with similar ATTRIBUTES? It'd be a full control deck that changes to what the opponent is doing. If they have a water deck, you can just declare water or Fish/Aqua/etc or if they're playing a mixed deck your deck will be able to change to the cards you think they'll try to come out of a lock with.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 9:32 pm

cane_63106 wrote:
How about you make a deck of ATTRIBUTE changing monsters that negate the effects/special summoning/attacks of monsters your opponent controls with similar ATTRIBUTES? It'd be a full control deck that changes to what the opponent is doing. If they have a water deck, you can just declare water or Fish/Aqua/etc or if they're playing a mixed deck your deck will be able to change to the cards you think they'll try to come out of a lock with.

Sounds interesting and it seems I'll have to get back into simple effects again rather than text walls but it should be doable. :p Popped up a question about the game mechanics around ? (unknown) for attribute/type to see what could be done around them so hopefully someone can find the info. Might help some of the more creative people here a bit. :p
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 7:36 am

You could always give them either base ATTRIBUTE or TYPE which, with their abilities, won't matter each turn due to you being able to change them at your leisure. I honestly don't know enough about ygopro to see if you could change anything, the attributes or types to '?' like putting in -2 as an ATK will make it '?' so my only help would be to try to find a possible base category you'd put them all into, if '?' isn't a possibility in ygopro.

here are some throw outs, off the top of my head

Element Champion: Declare 1 ATTRIBUTE. this card gains (either 800 or 1000) ATK for each face-up monster on the field with the declared ATTRIBUTE

Element Shaman: Declare 1 ATTRIBUTE. The effects off monsters your opponent controls with the declared ATTRIBUTE are negated.

Element Gardna: Declare 1 ATTRIBUTE. monsters your opponent controls with the declared ATTRIBUTE cannot declare an attack. (or you can change it to destroying monsters who attack that have that attribute)

Element Necromancer: Declare 1 ATTRIBUTE. Banish 1 monster in your graveyard of that ATTRIBUTE to Special Summon 1 other monster in your graveyard of the declared ATTRIBUTE.

I honestly don't understand the usefulness of your Orb. You're limiting yourself greatly for no benefit of it either changing it's ATTRIBUTE or sticking to being a Synchro Material for that monster. More than likely your opponent won't steal your monster for a Synchro Summon, Special Summoning it doesn't seem to have enough backlash to the opponent or too much of a gain for you, to be negated on that  part and there's really no use in it changing its ATTRIBUTE from what I see. Don't be afraid to give a card one good effect as opponent to a pack of smaller ones. How about this as its effect:

Select 1 'Element' monster you control. You can send this card and the selected monster to the Graveyard to Special Summon 1 'Element' Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck with the same ATTRIBUTE as the selected monster. (maybe either stop it from attacking or negate its effect or send it to the graveyard at the end of the turn).
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 6:08 pm

Seen ? ATK and DEF in DevPro and YGOPro, only heard of ? Attribute and Type in the anime and maybe one card in the card game.  I don't think anyone knows the game mechanics around ? Attribute or Type or if there are any although yes that orb could use a slightly stronger effect to make the opponent not want to let the controller use it for a Synchro Summon. XD

Nice ideas though.  I'll see what I can cook up.  Also started posting my main collection of card in a multi cards topic since It's starting to look like it'll go that way sooner or later. :p

Here's an amusing one based on the element cards and attribute declaration. :p

Element Triple Node
Continuous Spell
Declare 3 different Attributes and apply one or more of the following effects.  If an Element or Elemental monster is on the field the controller can draw one additional card per turn in addition to their normal draw.

• Monsters with the first attribute is on the field gain ATK by 300 x their level.
  • If a monster(s) with the second attribute is on the field the controlling player(s) of that monster(s) can change the battle position of their monsters with this attribute once per turn during their opponent's turn. (Cannot be used during the battle phase).
  • If a monster(s) with the third attribute is on the field the controlling player(s) once per turn can return a number of spell and/or trap cards from their graveyard equal to the number of monsters of this attribute they control.

:p
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 8:49 pm

I guess I should ask you this: What is your win condition? I read what you have for the RoseHarpies and I really think that after I study them more I can figure out really efficient effects to keep them as a really solid archetype based on what you've typed. If I ever deviate from your original vision of the cards, please LMK asap so I can stay on track with where you were going with them.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 11:09 pm

The win condition for the RoseHarpies is in one of several ways.  
1) would be field and card advantage, this would mean basically using their tag partner like effects to grab each other out of the grave, deck, hand or banish, which ever two their counterpart can't get out of.  Also they can us their counters to fuel persistent or powerful effects that either counter what their opponent does or getting other roseharpies into areas they can get out of.  

2) gaining a partial invulnerability to either battle, effect or both.  Most often the Male RoseHarpies can't be destroyed by battle and the Female ones can't be destroyed by effect, well at least while there are FlyingRose Counters on the field anyways.  This would make them hard to kill but it wouldn't mean they couldn't be killed, win by stall is what I think this one would be.

First one is a win by field, hand and LP while the second one is basically forcing your opponent to surrender or get creative since they wouldn't be able to destroy anything without thinking. 

lol when it came to thinking them up I had a hard time on thinking up their win condition since it could be stall, their counters, field advantage, or their swarming power.  Due to the way their effects work and the deck setup of the player using them it could be any one. >_>
Back to top Go down
jackmoonward

jackmoonward
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 9:16 am

"Twice per turn you can remove a number of Elemental Counters in increments of 6 to act as tributes for a monster(s) that requires tributes (6 counters per tribute), its summon is treated as a special summon but you cannot special summon any other way this turn if you use this effect."

That is one of the most complicated summon replacement effects I have ever seen ._.

I feel sorry if someone ends up scripting that alone.

~Jack
Back to top Go down
http://www.tehmadhouse.tk
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:03 am

lol i actually had to take a break from helping to reword it because I can see them doing similar, but different effects, like: them putting counters on each of their friends (1 on each or either 1 on each for the number of them currently on the field, which would up their protection quick and help with their removing counters for effects.) they don't really seem like beatdowns, from what i last saw, but i can understand what he meant by they can get bothersome if left alone too long, which is something i like. but for them to need their partners for every effect will slow the deck down way too much. i just don't think he's had a chance to really see how they'd work IRL. he should probably keep the counter gain/costs down to simplify the effects. I already told him how i'd shut his deck down, because i can see that the little ones will struggle alone.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 11:50 pm

lol taking a break from the main RoseHarpies for now and working on cards to fill in the blanks since yes if a deck was made of just the main ones it would be easy to kill. scratch 

Meantime you'll find an interesting lapse of sanity in a new post over there. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.   Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small list of single cards for people to review/try to program.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1