a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I don't know what went wrong D:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SuzyDoodle

Member Title : Just some scrub

I don't know what went wrong D: Empty
PostSubject: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 9:45 pm

so I used the tutorial to try to start my coding journey and I started by trying to add this:
I don't know what went wrong D: VeytU7v
I followed everything I could and it ended like this:
I don't know what went wrong D: SDWJp51
I don't know what went wrong D: Pmkoc0q
but my results were... less than satisfying...
I don't know what went wrong D: NpCCu1t
can someone please explain where I went wrong and tell me how to fix it?
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Member Title : Trixie does not even...

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:21 pm

I have a cheat sheet for SOME of this stuff that I know I won't remember but not on the comp I'm currently on. Before I look at everything, I'm hoping I can help you fix everything, if not, you'll have to gimme a bit of time.

In the datas tab, change the OT to something between 1 and I believe 4. And by tab I mean on the left side, the table thingy. I'm hoping I wasn't confusing (basically look where you are in the 2nd pic)
0=non-existent apparently. I never tried it
1 would be tcg legal only (I believe)
2 would be ocg legal only (again, i believe)
3 is tcg and ocg legal
4 is anime only

and that's all I saw wrong. Try that
Back to top Go down
SuzyDoodle

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:26 pm

so I tried setting it to 4... and am still getting the same result so, I'm guessing that's not it, which is weirder, because again, I think I followed the instructions exactly >_<

Thanks for trying, I do hope we can get this fixed though.
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Try searching it by its serial number (the 8 digit number you gave it)
Maybe it's being treated as a token monster, idk, tokens don't show up in the list if you search them, except if you search them by serial number. But you put 33 in type so it should just be an effect monster, still you never know.

Another thing, you didn't tell me where this card pack is. Did you copy/paste this pack (wherever it is) to the expansions folder in ygopro?
Obviously things that aren't in the ygopro folder won't show up in ygopro
Back to top Go down
SuzyDoodle

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:32 pm

nothing :\
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:37 pm

Never mind I can see through sqlite that it's already in the expansions folder
You can try adding in that data and text into the cdb that ygopro already uses and see what happens
Back to top Go down
SuzyDoodle

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:43 pm

that works Very Happy
but is there no way to turn it into an expansions thing after I'm done?
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:46 pm

I really don't know why it wouldn't work in the expansions folder, that's the thing that confuses me the most.
EVERYTHING in the latest "mackpro" I uploaded for you guys to download is basically everything in ygo up to CROS in the original database, and the custom stuff in the expansions folder and they all show up.
I'd say ask around in the ygopro forums why it might not work. I'm stumped Sad
Do tell me one thing though. Before you added it to the ygopro database, and you searched any 3 characters, did you get a blank card template with random numbers and ??? for the ATK and DEF?
Back to top Go down
SuzyDoodle

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:48 pm

will do, but thanks for helping, now I just need to learn how to code the buggers XD
Back to top Go down
SuzyDoodle

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:49 pm

TGAP-Trixi wrote:

Do tell me one thing though. Before you added it to the ygopro database, and you searched any 3 characters, did you get a blank card template with random numbers and ??? for the ATK and DEF?

no, why?
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 10:51 pm

I was thinking it had to do with the design tab. That's why I make a big deal about it in the mackpro update thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't know what went wrong D:   I don't know what went wrong D: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't know what went wrong D:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1