a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cane_63106

cane_63106

Member Title : D.D. Dragon Kaiser

D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Empty
PostSubject: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 3:30 am

They tried to OTK me!!!!
Back to top Go down
http:// https://www.youtube.com/user/cane63106/videos
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Member Title : Trixie does not even...

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 5:25 am

Dat overzealous otk attempt 2nd game lol.

I STILL dont get how d.d dragons works lol
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2014 9:57 am

lhfh!

deck lists/ how the deck works vids might be something worth making. they'd be kinda long though
Back to top Go down
Torpzun

Member Title : TURBO MODE! STRAIGHT INTO A WALL!
Location : A place where the denizens wish they had some drugs.

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 1:17 am

TGAP-Trixie wrote:
I STILL dont get how d.d dragons works lol
Now that I've finally been able to try out the Deck, it's actually a lot simpler than it seems. Or at least, the basics are. You pretty much want to get Void in the Grave ASAP, because it's cray cray as hell. While the OP doesn't like to run real cards in his Deck for whatever reason, you could run Foolish + Mathematician to get a rather advantageous early start (NS Math, dump Void, opponent might try to run Math over by battle, granting you a draw. Or maybe they might try to remove it with an effect, which Void can stop sometimes). Then, you can follow up with Shift Dragon or Passage to use one Void to banish, like, three different monsters (like I said, Void is crazy).

The Deck's actual wincons, though, are Avalon (virtually a REDMD for the Deck), Infinity (Tyranno Infinity), and to an extent, that Chaos Crusher Fusion thingy (A walking one-sided Skill Drain when Skill Drain was already a pain to deal with). Avalon is the easiest to use, but it feels a little wasteful if you don't Tribute Void (so, Shift Drag/Passage becomes even better). Once it's out, just SS any of the three Level 6 guys (apparently there's more, but the only good ones are the Fusion materials for Chaos Crusher: Raito, Kudo, and Makura). If you can't do that, then just spam Void more.

Next is Infinity. I haven't really tried it yet, mostly because space is a rather obvious issue in Decks that have so many cards they want to run @3. Well, at least the way I made it. The Deck does have its ways of filling up the banish zone with enough monsters to make Infinity win the game by itself/Summon Infinity several times in your Battle Phase to get multiple attacks off, but they all seem a little... er... gimmicky. By that, I mean Resounder loses to your opponent killing it with an effect. Rapture is a lot better, but then again, it's a multi-banish-Foolish Burial. I mean, it has sooooooo many potentially dumb combos to fire off. It on a Level 4 or higher monster (or lower if you already got some banished monsters) with a Passage to follow lets you toss three Avalons onto the board via Shift, then some other monster. If that doesn't kill your opponent, Xyzing into Gustav Max will. Rapture also sets of God Dragon by itself when used on any Level 4+ monster. D.D. Shift is what triggers your multi-attack combo. It feels completely inferior to Passage since Shift Dragon circumvents the Level restriction, but you can use D.D. Shift to banish whatever monster instead of letting your opponent shuffle it into the Deck or something, or in the case of multi-attacking.

Chaos Crusher is a 3mat 31/26 walking one-sided Skill Drain, but the Deck has two cards that let you Fusion Summon it as a +0. One's a Future Fusion, the other one is an immediate Future Fusion that doesn't let it attack that turn. Chaos Crusher itself is only a little unfairly strong, but Dimensional End is what actually breaks it. Still, both of the archetype's "Future Fusions" only banish from the Deck, so they're both dead the moment you draw any of the Fusion Materials. You can always just run more, but they so far have been very dead draws (they are Level 6, and practically Summoned Skull unless they're SSed from the banish zone). You can circumvent this by running The Dragon's Gift (archetype's Trade-In) and Blast Dragon (Walking Dark Core; it didn't show up when I looked up the archetype and so I completely neglected to make space for it. Now I have no idea what to remove for it).

Where Void and Chaos Crusher deal with any of your opponent's monsters, you also have an arsenal for taking out their backrow. They have a banishing version of MST which is technically worded to be just as generic as the actual MST is, then they have Suppression, which is pretty much Breakthrough Skill's first effect, but can work on Spells and Traps as well as monsters (and is permanent). There's also Forbidden Lance to help nullify removal attempts or simply change the outcome of a battle.

Oh, and there's also God Dragon. But given whoever uploaded it to YGOpro for me has it banned, yeah, you kinda get how crazy strong it is. Immunity to targeting, a kill+burn effect that practically lets it attack twice (and the way its ATK is determined, this will usually have a crazily high ATK), and technically battle immunity (which hardly matters if this has a ton of ATK, but when it can't be targeted battle destruction becomes more popular of an option). Like really, TT is one of the few cards that can even save you from losing the turn it hits the field, and they have Suppression to stop it (Lance too, but God Dragon actually can't be Lanced). And then there's Exodus, which, well, is also banned.

Tl;dr: Use Void to banish right at everything you want. Use Passage, Shift Dragon, and Avalon to get more uses of this. Void and Chaos Crusher puts down monsters, while Typhoon/Suppression/Lance puts down their S/Ts. Beat down your opponent while practically being untouchable. Yeah, a lot of these cards are actually rather OP.

--------------------------

Now, what exactly is the purpose of Ouroboros? From what I've seen, the only monster that actually wants to be in the Graveyard more than the banish zone is Void. The only thing I can think of is Seraph, but Seraph is just a hand-trap D-Pris. It's completely outclassed by Void's absurdness, and then you have a banish-Mirror Force (granted it can be taken out prior to the battle phase, so even if this exists Seraph isn't completely worse than it). Maybe if Void wasn't... what it is, and there was a bigger need to banish from the Graveyard it'd be more useful, but right now it seems rather eh.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:25 am

Exodus is banned?! LMMFAO! I would have never thought to do that. Kinda breaks my heart though Sad lol When I was making the story that the D.D. Dragons are in, the main character had to win God Dragon by beating it and the opening was God Dragon on the field with Ouroboros in the grave. God Dragon's original effect is: if it is destroyed by battle or would be removed from the field by an effect you could banish a D.D. Dragon in the grave, thus giving you that loop and a monster that wouldn't leave the field. Chaos Crusher is what the main character had to beat it though. It's a pretty intense back and forth and located here: https://mackpro.forumotion.com/t119-d-d-dragon-ouroboros.

I seriously thank you for downloading them and putting together your own deck. I don't use in-game cards. Kind of a purest when it comes to my creations. I want them to be able to stand on their own, thus a reason why so many have in-game counterparts, but stick to the banishing theme, except Suppression. In story, it was an F-U to the villain when the main character snapped and was just going all in. I'd like to see a pic of the decklist you've made with them, if you don't mind posting one. Your analysis of the archetype was pretty damn great, and I thank you for taking the time to write it all.

With my play style, letting my opponent come at me while protecting myself with void, resounder and seraph is a way of learning how they play, without investing too much too early. Then, I'm able to position them into an OTK or just crippling them by taking out their biggest threat(s). Qliphorts was about the best deck to play against due to their effects of noting be affected by cards of a lower level which nullifies Seraph and Void's usefulness and forced me to play differently. I've always been a fan of Kaiba and how he'll break your deck apart and then run you over and just generally control the duel, which is what this deck lets me do pretty consistently. 

Dimensional End is an OTK card. It gets out Exodus which banishes all, then allows me to go into God Dragon, Powerful Infinity, multi effect Omega or switching out with Shift and Shift Dragon's effects for a rush. 

I honestly don't trip off getting out Chaos Crusher. It's rare that I would because of how the cards usually stack, leaving me with one of its materials in hand before Dimensional End comes. 

I don't use D.D. Fusion because it's a counterpart to Future Fusion which is banned. I usually keep the number used to their counterpart's availability in the game, to be a bit more fair. Multiple D.D. Abyss wouldn't be too nice lol

This is my decklist. I've used this build for soooo long now and I doubt I'd change.

D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Deckli10
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 4:19 pm

At first glance I though he was one of those ban everything types but now that a read it again. confused That just ended up reminding me we need a system in place for creating ban list and voting on what one is the main for MackPro.
Back to top Go down
Torpzun

Member Title : TURBO MODE! STRAIGHT INTO A WALL!
Location : A place where the denizens wish they had some drugs.

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 10:56 am

Decklist + Cardlist, in spoiler to take less room and stuff:

I've also tried Necroface to deal with burning out if I tried to Rapture Avalon and then Summon Infinity (after using Shift Dragon to Summon more Avalons), but didn't particularly like it. I have a feeling I'm just not finding quite a few of these archetype cards (like with Abyss for some time).
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 6:14 pm

(Torpzun: April: Also, why is the Dragon duelist trying to use that Blast Dragon thingy to banish Pikachu (I think) when it should be obvious that it won't work? Saying that you're banishing your resources for the sake of banishing rather than playing Blaster to remove effectively is a horrible argument.

Torpzun: Today: I feel like Blast Dragon is actually more important as a means to get the Level 6 dead cards into the Banish Zone than as monster removal...)

LOL Glad you finally get where I was going with how I was playing back then. No D.D. Shift?

I wish I knew who was doing the banlist though, because I have Avalon and the Lv 6s at 1. It's so different than what I'd have the number at. Pretty much my decklist is what I'd have then limited at, except God. I was always ok with people not wanting that in-game and have always told people about it before hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts   D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.D. Dragons vs Qliphorts

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1