a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alliance Shift

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 6:05 pm

I figured since I haven't found a card in the game that changes Archetypes yet why not make one? Smile

*Reserved for Image* (If anyone wants to help with the image)
Alliance Shift
Continuous Trap
Name one Archetype in the game.  All monsters on the field, in the graveyard, or banished are now changed to that Archetype while this card is face-up on the field.  If the monster doesn't have an Archetype or is part of another one it becomes that archetype regardless and is no longer the previous archetype it was if part of another one.

This card could destroy so many decks out there today it isn't funny but that being said it can be used to tip the balance of power in the user's favor and might at least weaken the usual things people are having issues with. Smile 

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Member Title : Trixie does not even...

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:10 am

Well it doesn't stop monsters in the deck from being that so heroes wouldn't care Razz.
Also it just changes monsters so idk. It wouldn't hurt shaddolls too much, falcon couldn't SS anything from the GY but they'll continuously add back shaddoll fusion and whatnot. Will have to see it in play to give it a fair judgment.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Screw the Apoqliphoth Killer.... Me like...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
StormWing0

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:59 pm

I suppose I could set it up to where the player would have to pay a cost for a more powerful version of its effects to be used to hit more areas. Smile
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

Member Title : Noob4ever

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:15 pm

I don't know why, but I have the bad feeling, that this card can disturb the flow of a match and turn it into an old school Ygo match, where you can pull out much combos 
On the other this card can accelerate the progress of really originally decks, where cards, that were never in the same deck, are used together, so that your card would be not so effectiv anymore.
Like TGAP-Trixi said, we have to this card in action, before we can make a good judgement^^
Nevertheless sould you implement a cost or a condition for the activation of your card Wink
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:27 pm

For the cost I was thinking that the card effect could start out with field only effects with no cost but to get the additional areas you'd have to pay a scaling cost to maintain the effect on them.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 5:36 pm

Hm...maybe you could do some kind of Zombie World + Banished Zone and Clear worlds upkeep?

Basically, you modify your card to have a 500 LP upkeep to affect the grave and to affect the banished cards and the field normally?

I would leave out the hand, though...
So that the opponent has at least the chance to get out of the situation by XYZ-ing or stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 2:35 am

It might look something like this, (Keep in mind I got no clue how to format this. XD)

Field = cost 0
Grave = cost 500 lp
Grave + Banish = cost 1000 lp
Grave + Banish + Main&Extra Decks = cost 1500 lp

or 

Field = cost 0
Additional Named zones = cost 500 lp X number of additional named zones (Grave,Banish,Main Deck,Extra Deck, etc)

The second one lets the player pick and choose the named zones they want to affect in addition to the field but it would have to be repicked and paid each time the upkeep phase came around. Smile
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:01 am

I would definitly limit that card XD
Messed around with an image, maybe this is a good artwork ^^

Alliance Shift Allian10
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 5:08 pm

Afaik you can't change cards in the main/extra deck...
I'd go with the second choice, once again excluding hand so that the opponent can at least use the effect of umbral horrors/constellars/heraldic beasts to possibly at least not be entirely screwed up.
Back to top Go down
Project Leviamon

Project Leviamon

Member Title : Busy with high school sadly

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Is it even possible to change the archetype of monsters? Cause i have a pretty neat archetype idea if you can.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=364458
StormWing0

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:42 pm

No clue if we can change archetypes but that being said it would be funny to see done that's for sure. Razz 

Meantime did a little rewriting of the effect if anyone wants to fi it up to be a little more readable than have at it. Smile 

Alliance Shift
Continuous Trap
Name one named Archetype in the game.  While this card is faceup on the field all monsters on the field have their archetype changed to the named archetype even if they don't have one.  Also during your standby phase until your next standby phase you can name one or more additional Named Zones and pay 1000 LP each to have this card's effects extend to them as well.  Valid Named Zones: Main Deck, Extra Deck, Graveyard, Banish.

Now that I've finally worked it out a bit better. Smile The general idea here is during your standby phase you name X number of other valid named zones and pay 1000 LP for each one to have this card affect them too.  So at best you get the field for free and pay 4k in LP to affect everywhere but the hand with the same Archetype changing effect.  Left hand out because it needs to be fair right? Smile 

Here's some examples:

Vorse Raider => Orb Lit Vorse Raider

Blackwing Gale the Whirlwind => Lightsworn Gale the Whirlwind

Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner => Lumina, Lightray Summoner 

I'm tempted to give this card the ability to change the archetype targets of the affected monsters as well for an additional cost.  Needless to say cards like Lumina not just having their archetype changes but the archetype targets in their effects changed would make some decks very broken. XD
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 11:51 pm

Wooohh!!
You can combine archetypes with each other that would never be working together!!
With this much opportunities of combinations you can mess around with a lot of archetypes.
I like the card XD
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 12:14 am

AoO wrote:
Wooohh!!
You can combine archetypes with each other that would never be working together!!
With this much opportunities of combinations you can mess around with a lot of archetypes.
I like the card XD
What's going to be fun is when I figure out the cost for the part of the effect that changes the archetype targets within the card effects of the monsters affected.  I'm going to feel sorry for the poor sap that has to program this monstrosity of a card. XD  Seeing as right now all it does is change the archetype they are treated as and the archetype name within their name to the named one.  If it doesn't have one it simply adds the archetype name to the front when changing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alliance Shift Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alliance Shift   Alliance Shift Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alliance Shift

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1