a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AoO

AoO

Member Title : Noob4ever

Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Empty
PostSubject: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:48 pm

I'm probably going on everyones nerves with this question, but where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??
Are there any internet sites, books or videos for that besides the one, that Jackmoonward made??
I'm just wondering where all the scripters in the Forum know how to script.^^

I was trying to script a card by looking into the scripts of cards with nearly the same effects and tried to pick the important parts for my own one, but it always ended in a mess^^'
I know that I only could post a request about the card that should be made, but I want to understand how these Script actually works.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:59 pm

As far as I know, the only thing you can do is going trial and error... I already made the request to let someone write what the commandos in the vid actually mean, however, that was not wanted...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
AoO

AoO

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:47 pm

Thank you for the quick answer^^
Can you tell me where you learned scripting??
Or did you also learning by doing by trial and error?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:01 am

If you're talking lua scripting google might help but unlikely depending on what you need.
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah, I already googled about that topic, but there is nothing besides the tutorial from Jackmooward^^'
What I would need is kind of a libary of the syntax, that is related to Yugioh Card Scripting
(Set Types, ...).
And it would be nice to know, how a lua script is build.

What I notice by studing the scripts of other cards:
At the beginning there is a main complex where all important datas are in
(what the card does where, when, how often) --> kind of a main function

After that there functions that works like filters or explicit information
(for example you only can activate this card, when ...  --> filter
or you have to do ...   so that ...   happens  --> explicit information, what has to be done

Am I right so far????
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:29 am

I, indeed, used trial and error, along with already made scripts from other cards which were already existent and puzzeld them together. Not the best way to do it, but the only working one without a tutorial telling us what each function does...
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:35 am

kk, I will try out with that Method Very Happy
But it would be relly nice if someone would post sth. like a libary^^'
Anyway, thanks for the help, I will let you notice, if I need help ;D
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 7:11 pm

Interestingly, I did find another tutorial, but it isn't in english: http://ygoforumindo.forumid.net/t178-tutorial-ygopro-scripting-card-create-now
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 7:39 pm

Thank you, I hope google will help me out with that ;D
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Member Title : Trixie does not even...

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:03 am

There are the constant and utility files included in the scripts section. Those might help somewhat, at least the constant file if you're looking for a list of sorts. As far as scripting, it'd have to be trial and error by Frankensteining everything you make. I haven't seen anything either as far as something explaining what some terms mean.
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 7:59 am

Thank you ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??   Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where can you learn how to script Yugioh Cards??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1