a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cane_63106

cane_63106

Member Title : D.D. Dragon Kaiser

Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2014 3:57 am

Back to top Go down
http:// https://www.youtube.com/user/cane63106/videos
Torpzun

Member Title : TURBO MODE! STRAIGHT INTO A WALL!
Location : A place where the denizens wish they had some drugs.

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:45 am

@4:57 Dafuq just happened? Banish a card, then hit for a 7800 burn? What are the requirements for that? ._.

Also, why is the Dragon duelist trying to use that Blast Dragon thingy to banish Pikachu (I think) when it should be obvious that it won't work? Saying that you're banishing your resources for the sake of banishing rather than playing Blaster to remove effectively is a horrible argument.

Furthermore, there's this "Xyz Summon this if you have an Xyz Monster out" thingy that has 2900 ATK and can attack twice I recall... could you go over what exactly happens here, since 2900 double-attacking isn't something you want to have easily attained.

Do the Dragons have some sort of "banish this from the Graveyard; banish a monster your opponent controls" thing that's a quick-effect? That's just plain evil.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 6:10 am

lol If you think that is evil you should see what I'm cooking in the Card Creation section for groups of cards.  If I remember right all those cards he's using are there too but not sure where. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:21 pm

That's D.D. God Dragon's effect. I thought to give it an ATK cap, but have stopped that effect so many times with so many different times, (skill drain, articuno, divine wrath, cards with effects that'll let me dodge it, etc) it's pretty much only a shock when you're not expecting to see it dropped.

...did you not read Pikachu's effect? Also, with a deck that thrives off of monsters being banished, I'll happily use D.D. Blast Dragon's cost while Skill Drain is on the field. It's a setup for later.

I think I know what you're talking about with the multiple attacks: Hitmonchan can attack twice. Legendary Arrival Special Summons an Xyz Pokemon using 1 Pokemon I control as a material. Brought up Mew with it and Mewtwo can be Special Summoned using Mew as and its materials as materials. Mewtwo cannot attack twice. Don't know what you saw.

Only 1 of them have that effect.
Back to top Go down
Torpzun

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Hmmph, dunno why I haven't actually went into fullscreen with these videos yet. That makes everything actually readable.

As for Pikachu: Soooo, basically you can't really outplay it, so you have to dump so much onto it? Eh, ok. Raichu isn't that big of a problem anyway, just pretty powerful.

The Mewtwo thing: Ok, I guess I was seeing things. Although, that combo that makes Mewtwo though... *shudders.* You take one of your Pokemon, use that Spell (or Xyz Summon Mew the normal way - however that may be done), and then you instantly Rank it up to Mewtwo. 2900 is a LOT of ATK for a Rank 3 or 4 or so monster, even if this is a Rank up, and then it tops it off with a one-sided complete effect shutdown for two turns. Your opponent can't do anything but waste monsters just to stay alive. They can't beat this monster except with a few cards if this manages to go off (and this isn't uncommon). In both duels Mewtwo comes out, the Pokemon player manages to win pretty much because the Dragon player can't do anything but try to wait it out for two turns (which is a long time).

The banish-from-Graveyard-to-banish-one-monster-your-opponent-controls thing: Yeah, Void. It's a quick-play Grave-trap that messes up a whole lot of stuff without even costing you anything. Dragons have their own Foolish Burial too, so you could just play that to dump some of these into the Graveyard, and then wreck your opponent's chances of making a comeback. I don't see this as fair at all. :/

God Dragon: "Only when they don't expect it?" Uh, what if they can't counter it, like in this video? I didn't get to see what its effect does since the card didn't show up, but if it can come out of nowhere with a massive ATK and burn like it did, then uh, yeah... The actual hell?

New stuff I noticed: Makura is supposed to be like Kudo in effect, but the last effect makes it a lot better than Kudo. Really, this effect should have a cost. There are cards like MST and Night Shot that hit Spells and Traps already, but you don't see the equivalent of these for cards in the hand since hitting the hand is just a lot more powerful than hitting the field. That's a big reason why things like Confiscation are banned and these effects are so few and far in between.

Counter!: Exclamation point, colon. Anyway, this is just a completely inferior Mirror Force in that it only works if you have a Pokemon and then does the exact same thing. Mirror Force is plentiful enough-ish @2 like it is right now, so I don't see why you would want to run this.

D.D. Typhoon: I don't like how this is a generic card that completely renders MST obsolete. Most Spells and Traps don't care whether or not they're sent to the Grave or banished, but still, could this just not be generic?

Why are the Dragons not fully utilizing their Extra Deck? There's no reason for you to stuff it full of random Xyzs that may become useful.

Suppression is another outright evil card. If you fulfill its easy requirements, it is essentially a free Solemn Judgment (minus the destruction and Summon Negations but plus monster effect negation). You can chain it to a monster effect, and bam, it doesn't work anymore. Of course, this is what Veiler and Breakthrough do, so that's ok. Then you can freely negate any Spell or Trap by chaining it to that (yes, this works but apparently you knew that already). It's suddenly also a Dark Bribe without the draw (and also without the destruction but that doesn't matter as the card is worthless now anyway). It could work alright as a quick-play permanent effect negation for just monsters, which lets it rival Breakthrough's whole double-negation thing and Fiendish's attack negation without also negating any TTs, Dark Holes, or being able to negate any effect.

Why do the Dragons have a banish-Dark-Hole? Just why? It isn't technically Limited by the banlist AFAIK, but even if it is, you could run this and the normal Dark Hole. Plus, this bypasses a lot of protection-from-destruction effects that are becoming common today.

Furthermore, why in the living hell do they have an instant Future Fusion? The two Fusions I've seen from them so far are both really powerful, and they become stupidly easy to Summon with this. Notice how in both duels you played it, you pretty much curbstomped the Pokemon player?
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Pikachu....can't be outplayed? Really? Attack it twice. It's just that simple.

What makes you think that either Mew or Mewtwo are Rank 3 or 4? They are both 8, requiring 3 lv8 pokemon. Mewtwo can just be brought up using Mew as a material. The drawback of Legendary Arrival is that the pokemon brought out will only have 1 material. You also see, in this vid, that Mewtwo's effect can be countered.

Check the other vid to see how Void can be countered. "dragons" do have foolish burial and dragon's shrine...but my dragons don't. I don't know if you've noticed this about the vids, but I don't use 'in-game' cards in my custom decks. Never have and never will. When I make archetypes I don't take 'in-game' cards into consideration.

I've had God Dragon stomped too many times by the pokemon and regular decks to think that it's impossible to beat. Articuno, Solemn Warning/Judgment, Bottomless, Dark Hole, Divine Wrath, Dark Illusion, etc. If played at the right time, like any card, it's a game ender. And once again...it's a God Card. I give my opponent's the option to play against it or not.

You're the first person I've ever seen complain about monsters that have to get banished and then special summoned from there to gain their effects. What you said about Kudo and Makura is a matter of play style because I prefer Raito over them both.

Once again, I don't use 'in-game' cards in my custom decks, so I gave it its own Mirror Force.

Typhoon fits the theme of the deck and giving it a restriction will only slow the deck down more.

"in-game blah, blah, blah". Their Extra Deck will only be of what I think of. I truly like something I make to stand on its own.

I do love Suppression, but I've been in situations where Typhoon would be a lot better of an option because sometimes you won't always have a face-up D.D. Dragon nor want to put one down then try to tag a face-down. Tachyon Transmigration can knock out multiple cards in a chain. There are many other cards with similar triggers that will outright destroy the card, which would put an opponent in an even worse situation, losing a monster.

Why not? It fits the theme of the deck and I don't use Dark Hole and only have it at 1 in the deck.

I don't use Dragon's Mirror and even if I did, you'd probably think that's unfair to have in this deck. the fusion isn't allowed to attack that turn, so it's really a setup card and is usually very good at it, when I use it. I prefer to use it to get Chaos Crusher out but if either Makura, Raito or Kudo are drawn beforehand, it's no longer an option. It is also limited to 1. even if I used dragon's mirror to get out CC...that's a difficult card to get over, if you usually rely on your face-up monsters to get you out of issues, like either 101s, monsters that special summon other monsters when normal summoned, etc.

I have a vid where it took me to get out 3 Lv 8 Pokemon, make Ditto Lv 8 by copying them and Xyz using all 4 to bring out Arceus and someone still claimed that Arceus was OP, like going through all of that, which is usually very hard to pull off isn't valid enough reason to have a powerful monster on the field. Plus I tried to keep Arceus kinda close to its anime/game effect. People are going to complain. I even a bit annoyed about the Dragon-Zs until I realized their weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:45 pm

Well, the thing is, until we get a server, there will be no Custom-Ban-List.

When there will be one, I guess many cards will be limited (forbidden would be kinda mean, as someone DID put effort in creating the cards).
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
Torpzun

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:44 pm

cane_63106 wrote:
Pikachu....can't be outplayed? Really? Attack it twice. It's just that simple.

Not what I said. I said that you have to use your Blast Dragon's effect on something in such a wasteful manner because it seems like you can't outplay it.

What makes you think that either Mew or Mewtwo are Rank 3 or 4? They are both 8, requiring 3 lv8 pokemon. Mewtwo can just be brought up using Mew as a material. The drawback of Legendary Arrival is that the pokemon brought out will only have 1 material. You also see, in this vid, that Mewtwo's effect can be countered.

So it is... but, Arrival giving only one material doesn't justify this. You still get two turns of Cold Wave (plus monster effect negation). Detach Mew's material for the first, detach Mew for the second. Plus, being able to be countered doesn't justify this. Raigeki can be countered. Chaos Emperor Dragon can be countered. Exchange of the Spirit FTK can be countered. They're still broken.

Check the other vid to see how Void can be countered. "dragons" do have foolish burial and dragon's shrine...but my dragons don't. I don't know if you've noticed this about the vids, but I don't use 'in-game' cards in my custom decks. Never have and never will. When I make archetypes I don't take 'in-game' cards into consideration.

Again, with the "it can be countered so it's alright" argument. Also, not using real cards is a terrible idea. What if someone else uses the archetype along with real cards? Then there's a big problem.

I've had God Dragon stomped too many times by the pokemon and regular decks to think that it's impossible to beat. Articuno, Solemn Warning/Judgment, Bottomless, Dark Hole, Divine Wrath, Dark Illusion, etc. If played at the right time, like any card, it's a game ender. And once again...it's a God Card. I give my opponent's the option to play against it or not.

Again, with the "it can be countered so it's alright" argument. Just D.D. Abyss away problem monsters/D.D. Typhoon potential backrow threats. What can they do to counter it now? This is like saying a Level 4 monster with 0 ATK or DEF with an effect that says "You can Tribute this card; win the Duel." is balanced because Chain Disappearance exists.

You're the first person I've ever seen complain about monsters that have to get banished and then special summoned from there to gain their effects. What you said about Kudo and Makura is a matter of play style because I prefer Raito over them both.

Raito? I don't remember seeing a Raito, even though it might have appeared in a video. But still, Makura's "banish a card in the hand" effect is a little bonkers.

Once again, I don't use 'in-game' cards in my custom decks, so I gave it its own Mirror Force.

At least make it different from Mirror Force in a way. The biggest difference here is that you need a Pokemon to activate it. At least the D.D.'s Mirror Force banished for whatever reason.

Typhoon fits the theme of the deck and giving it a restriction will only slow the deck down more.

It's really just so that the actual MST isn't outclassed (which really shouldn't happen). But of course, you're going to say that you'll never use MST ever again in your life, so why bother?

"in-game blah, blah, blah". Their Extra Deck will only be of what I think of. I truly like something I make to stand on its own.

So, the "No real cards" excuse again.

I do love Suppression, but I've been in situations where Typhoon would be a lot better of an option because sometimes you won't always have a face-up D.D. Dragon nor want to put one down then try to tag a face-down. Tachyon Transmigration can knock out multiple cards in a chain. There are many other cards with similar triggers that will outright destroy the card, which would put an opponent in an even worse situation, losing a monster.

It's really just the versatility that Suppression has (and Spell negation from other cards isn't that cheap) that makes it a problem. Not being the go-to card 100% of the time doesn't change this.

Why not? It fits the theme of the deck and I don't use Dark Hole and only have it at 1 in the deck.

What about someone else using the Deck? You can't expect them to follow the same pattern if they don't have to.

I don't use Dragon's Mirror and even if I did, you'd probably think that's unfair to have in this deck. the fusion isn't allowed to attack that turn, so it's really a setup card and is usually very good at it, when I use it. I prefer to use it to get Chaos Crusher out but if either Makura, Raito or Kudo are drawn beforehand, it's no longer an option. It is also limited to 1. even if I used dragon's mirror to get out CC...that's a difficult card to get over, if you usually rely on your face-up monsters to get you out of issues, like either 101s, monsters that special summon other monsters when normal summoned, etc.

Apparently Makura, Raito, and Kudo are limited as well? You could just run them @2 if you're worried about messing up your Instant Future Fusion. It's like this: You reduce the risk of dead-drawing Makura/Raito/Kudo, get a 3100 beater, and gain a one-sided Skill Drain. The only "drawback" is that the monster cannot attack for the turn. It's still a 1-card 3100 one-sided Skill Drain. Sure, Dragon's Mirror does the same thing, but it requires you actually getting the monsters dumped into the Graveyard first. It's not that hard to do, but it makes it more difficult to be an early-game threat.

I have a vid where it took me to get out 3 Lv 8 Pokemon, make Ditto Lv 8 by copying them and Xyz using all 4 to bring out Arceus and someone still claimed that Arceus was OP, like going through all of that, which is usually very hard to pull off isn't valid enough reason to have a powerful monster on the field. Plus I tried to keep Arceus kinda close to its anime/game effect. People are going to complain. I even a bit annoyed about the Dragon-Zs until I realized their weaknesses.

As a rule, it's better to not make cards that are incredibly difficult to Summon/play and give them really powerful effects. It may actually be balanced and all, but it will still suck because the amount of effort put into it is crazy. Then, there's the whole reception part of it. If the opponent cannot defeat it, then the opponent will be angry at the card and believe that it is broken. If the opponent can (and usually without nearly as much effort as the user put into it), then the user will be infuriated and believe that the card is terrible.

As for finding weaknesses, yes, that's possible. But you should notice that finding these weaknesses and exploiting them means you're changing around the contents of your (side) Deck for the sake of countering them. A recent example of this is El-Shadoll Midrash. 2200 ATK Fusion Monster who limits Special Summoning to only one per turn, and cannot be destroyed by card effects. Yes, you can counter her with Compulsory Evacuation Device. Breakthrough Skill and Fiendish Chain are options as well. You can play Book of Moon even. In order to not have the entire Deck crippled by it (many Decks really need to Special Summon more than once per turn to stay up to speed), things like PWWB and Karma Cut are considered. But still, since this card is defining the format to revolve around it, these "weaknesses" doesn't balance it. It's still a problem card that needs to go.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 am

Pikachu is a 1300 attacker...its ATK is a drawback in itself. Why do you have such a problem with having to choose either negate an attack or targeting effect?

Mewtwo was made to be powerful as hell and was made way before Arrival. Arrival doesn't mean I'm going to change Mewtwo though. Arrival can also get out Arceus and was its actual purpose in the story it's from.

How is it that me not using in-game cards a terrible idea again? I make the archetypes to stand on their own, period. So what if someone uses real cards with them? If I put them out to others, it's up to them what they do with the cards. A person can just make another dragon-type deck, toss only, Raito, Makura, Kudo and D.D. God Dragon into it, just to banish them all and have God Dragon to have a high ATK. Why would I care? They're enjoying it. With all of the custom cards out there, especially the stuff people make for dragons, you'd be slow to go over everyone else's cards just to 'balance' the use of yours in case someone tosses them into a deck together.

"it can be countered so it's alright." Remember when Cyber Dragon was 'so OP" it got limited. Or what about Jinzo, etc? At a time, people bitched like crazy about cards people don't even consider near as powerful because there are counters. If caught off guard with any card, you're screwed but after you've encountered a card, you learn how to anticipate it and prepare as much as possible. I don't like JD or Ophion, but neither are limited because people have answers. they are easy as hell to get out too.

Just D.D. Abyss/Dark Hole away problem monsters. D.D. Typhoon/MST potential backrow threats. What can they do to counter it now?

Makura, not being immune to traps or monster effects usually gets taken out quick, so I've not been able to abuse that effect.

D.D. Force banishes because it fits the theme of the deck.

Current cards losing their impact due to newer cards has happened in this game from the jump though. Why play Celtic Guardian when you can play Obnoxious Celtic Guard? Why play that when you can play Marshmellon?

I gave it the same Suppression for a reason. I knew how versatile and effective it was going to be.

Of course I don't expect a person to follow the same restrictions I give myself for the deck. I made these for me. I made the Pokemon for a family member to play the way that they were comfortable with. A person can download these and just put Magikarp and Red Gyrados in a deck that spams Lv 5s...not really my problem.

Yes, the 3 are at 1 a piece, making CC a lot harder to get out due to having a high probability of drawing one of the materials and I've always taken that into account and liked it that way. They were made powerful, so I limited them, in even how I play them.

Do people cry about Quasar? That card's hella powerful and difficult to deal with once it hits the field. People usually chalk it up to not being prepared and will either fight as best they can or give up asap.

People change their side/main decks all of the time to prepare for what's before them. I have cards for defense and offense and have done my best to make them as well rounded as possible as to not need to. That monster you mentioned is powerful, but so is ophion. Cards like that do restrict the hell out of other decks and have been around for years. I played again that Fusion earlier today and got rid of it quick. That person kept bringing those monsters out and they kept getting knocked out quickly. Might have just been the player or that deck and the one i was using earlier aren't a good match up for it, but that's the game.
Back to top Go down
Torpzun

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 2:01 am

cane_63106 wrote:
Pikachu is a 1300 attacker...its ATK is a drawback in itself. Why do you have such a problem with having to choose either negate an attack or targeting effect?

I'm saying that you  SHOULD be able to get over it with two attacks pretty easily. It's just that using Blast Dragon's effect on it feels wasteful.

Mewtwo was made to be powerful as hell and was made way before Arrival. Arrival doesn't mean I'm going to change Mewtwo though. Arrival can also get out Arceus and was its actual purpose in the story it's from.

But if you made Mewtwo after Arrival this combo wouldn't happen right? Besides, you could just change Arrival to Summon an Xyz with the same Rank as the material's Level and you won't have this problem.

How is it that me not using in-game cards a terrible idea again? I make the archetypes to stand on their own, period. So what if someone uses real cards with them? If I put them out to others, it's up to them what they do with the cards. A person can just make another dragon-type deck, toss only, Raito, Makura, Kudo and D.D. God Dragon into it, just to banish them all and have God Dragon to have a high ATK. Why would I care? They're enjoying it. With all of the custom cards out there, especially the stuff people make for dragons, you'd be slow to go over everyone else's cards just to 'balance' the use of yours in case someone tosses them into a deck together.

What about the opponent of those players? Plus, that argument could be like Konami saying "Let's make some sort of super-OP archetype. If the users enjoy it then it's ok." And since there are so many customs pretty much everywhere (and it's virtually impossible to keep up with all of them), it's pretty much impossible to take those into consideration. It's pretty much what you've made and what Konami has made. Plus, other users could have made some sort of super-Rekindling-from-the-Deck for like everything possible and therefore broke about everything to hell and back.

"it can be countered so it's alright." Remember when Cyber Dragon was 'so OP" it got limited. Or what about Jinzo, etc? At a time, people bitched like crazy about cards people don't even consider near as powerful because there are counters. If caught off guard with any card, you're screwed but after you've encountered a card, you learn how to anticipate it and prepare as much as possible. I don't like JD or Ophion, but neither are limited because people have answers. they are easy as hell to get out too.

Neither are Limited because they aren't prevalent issues right now. Plus, JD's counters are very limited since you lose the turn JD hits the field most of the time. Ideally, JD would be banned, but right now Lightsworns just don't matter enough. The same could be said of Ophion, but Ophion isn't really JD at all.

Just D.D. Abyss/Dark Hole away problem monsters. D.D. Typhoon/MST potential backrow threats. What can they do to counter it now?

Makura, not being immune to traps or monster effects usually gets taken out quick, so I've not been able to abuse that effect.

Now, what if Makura is immune to traps/monster effects, and you did get a chance to abuse it? Would you think it's OP then?

D.D. Force banishes because it fits the theme of the deck.

Um, ok? IIRC the point I made about D.D. Force is that it isn't an exact clone of Mirror Force.

Current cards losing their impact due to newer cards has happened in this game from the jump though. Why play Celtic Guardian when you can play Obnoxious Celtic Guard? Why play that when you can play Marshmellon?

These newer and better cards usually outclass cards that aren't useful. MST is still a highly useful card. If there's a card that outclasses it, then who's stopping anyone from running like 5-6 MSTs and obliterating all backrow ever to hit the board? (Night Shot and so are terrible since you have to play them rather blindly, so they aren't ran.)

I gave it the same Suppression for a reason. I knew how versatile and effective it was going to be.

And you're ok with it being a +0 Spell negation (on top of negating other card effects as well)? What if your opponent ran something like that?

Of course I don't expect a person to follow the same restrictions I give myself for the deck. I made these for me. I made the Pokemon for a family member to play the way that they were comfortable with. A person can download these and just put Magikarp and Red Gyrados in a deck that spams Lv 5s...not really my problem.

Teching Magikarp/Red Gyrados isn't really what I meant. I was talking about the whole "run 3 D.D. Abyss and 1 Dark Hole" potential.

Yes, the 3 are at 1 a piece, making CC a lot harder to get out due to having a high probability of drawing one of the materials and I've always taken that into account and liked it that way. They were made powerful, so I limited them, in even how I play them.

Ew, people placing their own cards on the banlist. Honestly, I'm against this as well as it promotes people to make broken cards and feel like they can justify it by saying "Well you can only run one so nyeh."

Do people cry about Quasar? That card's hella powerful and difficult to deal with once it hits the field. People usually chalk it up to not being prepared and will either fight as best they can or give up asap.

Also known as saying "You didn't draw BTH or TT? YOU SHOULD RUN MORE COPIES OF THOSE CARDS YOU SUCK." This is a card game, and there's no real determining on what cards you start with. Even if you're prepared for Quasar, you can still lose to it because you didn't draw the cards. Ergo, your loss was simply out of luck of your opponent having what they needed and you didn't.

People change their side/main decks all of the time to prepare for what's before them. I have cards for defense and offense and have done my best to make them as well rounded as possible as to not need to. That monster you mentioned is powerful, but so is ophion. Cards like that do restrict the hell out of other decks and have been around for years. I played again that Fusion earlier today and got rid of it quick. That person kept bringing those monsters out and they kept getting knocked out quickly. Might have just been the player or that deck and the one i was using earlier aren't a good match up for it, but that's the game.

A lot of times, the cards that you're preparing for won't absolutely cripple your Deck if you don't have a way to get rid of them. Having an out to them is nice, and you'll eventually need to take it out in order to win, but in most of these cases, not immediately being able to deal with them doesn't screw you over.

It's the reason Macro Cosmos and D-Fissure are Limited. There are many Decks that get royally screwed by that card. They may have plenty of MSTs and outs to it, but they can't reliably stop Macro/Fissure every time it shows up. And when they can't, they can't do anything. This is what El-Shadoll Midrash is turning out to be. Other players will add as many cards as they can to prevent Midrash as they can without destroying their Deck's consistency too much, but that doesn't guarantee that they will always be able to stop it. If they add more counters than is healthy, then their Deck sucks and they would lose anyway.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 2:33 am

Torpzun you're not going to win the argument so why try to?
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 3:15 am

I kinda need to agree with StormWing0. I don't really think either of you can win the argument in the current situation...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 4:51 am

lol i've only been continuing out of boredom, while working on another set.

How's using it's effect to take out Pikachu wasteful? If I would have attacked first, i would not have done any damage. That was the best option at the time. Plus, I would also try to use Blast Dragon's cost to get monsters like Raito, Makura, Kudo, God Dragon, Omega, etc. It's how the deck works.

If...lol. I can't go back and undo time like that. Mewtwo was made very powerful for a family member because I didn't think the pokemon as a whole would be that strong so i gave them a boss monster.

Why would I care about the opponent's of people I don't even know are using them? 74 people have downloaded the rar and I don't even know those many people online that play ygopro. I just hope that they enjoy them. The first appearance of the "Chaos Archetype" makes that Konami statement funny.

So we're agreeing about the cards that are already super powerful in the game but aren't thought of being limited? lol

Not at all. It's already immune to Spells and gets run over easily. 2500 ATK is good, but they get smacked often.

D.D. Force and Counter! are more Wall of Thorns rip-offs. Its lua is actually what I used to make them.

MST, Bait Doll, Night Beam, Nobleman of Extermination, etc all do the same thing and though not wildly, still get play. MST more so because of the baiting.

I've gone against opponents that wipe my field clean with 1 card going off. Is Black Horn of Heaven fair if a person uses 3 lv 4s to bring out No. 69 and is left with an open field? What of Veiler making cards like goblindbergh useless and not needing a special condition to go off? Suppression isn't really that much to trip off of.

Then wouldn't their use be up to them? If I can't force a limit and a person chose to play them at 3, how can I stop them from their pc? lol I've seen people hit "don't check deck" on ygopro just to play 3 Raigeki, Monster Reborn, etc. I can't control what others are playing and their abuse of things they have the options to play.

Not, really. I made D.D. God Dragon, knowing it's full overpowering effects, but I still did. I even made a card that covered its drawback, because I thought Before I knew people could script, I was just printing them out and playing close friends who got a kick out of trying to beat the deck with or without it in it. I have no problem taking it out if the opponent want that, but its effect will stay what I originally envisioned for it. I wouldn't want anyone to hold back on ideas, unless it's bs auto-win conditions. But I'll also tell that person that I'm not playing against them with that/those cards in their decks.

My Quasar comment was equating it to people bitching about Arceus which takes 4 lv 8 pokemon to get out. Any part of the setup can be stopped, but if it isn't you're going to have to deal with a huge monster. I don't see people bitching about quasar though. that was my point. Most vids I have don't even have Arceus in them due to it being too hard to get out and yet if a person sees a vid of be working a combo to get it out, "Oh! That's OP!" People just love to complain.

But all that you've said, isn't that up to the deck builder and banlist to decide? Raigeki comes, back...who won't play that? Who won't probably starting teching more Stardust Roads, etc? People change their decks to what they're playing. Since I'm using a custom deck and will usually be playing against custom decks, I see no reason to change my deck to the unknown. I don't base my cards on in-game cards. I just try to make them as well rounded and self sustaining as possible. Some cards come out of the stories I'm doing, so I'll just make them, like I did with Ouroboros. Most of my D.D. Dragons can be found on this site, since I learned scripting here and I even have a link to download them along with the Pokemon. Try em
Back to top Go down
Torpzun

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 6:58 am

Maybe having to use Blast Dragon is the only way you could have gotten around Pikachu, but in most cases most Decks should be able to just get two monsters out really quickly and defeat it that way.

Welp, if you can't fix it then it's stuck... But that doesn't really change the fact that the play is completely bonkers. :/

Well, you would care if they started complaining to you about how unfair your cards feel if someone exploited some broken combos, wouldn't you?

Huh?

What if you tried to keep your Makura out? Like, say, save Voids and Suppressions just for the sake of keeping Makura out for as long as possible?

And Wall of Thorns is just Mirror Force.

Well, MST's Quick-play-ness also lets you play it during the End Phase, which is usually the best time to MST stuff.

Black Horn doesn't work against all SSes, and can't do anything about NSes. Wiping out a 3-material monster is great usage of it, but the lack of versatility here helps to make it ok. BTH doesn't negate the Summon, can be chained to by Lance, and is still better than it due to the versatility, for example. Likewise, Veiler only works on monsters. Effect negation can be a pain to deal with, but Veiler isn't broken at all. You can't negate Dark Hole or Duality with Veiler.

If people want to play the godawful no-banlist version of the game that is ruled by Exchange of the Spirit FTKs everywhere, then yes, that is up to them. But what about the people who are playing within the banlist? They now have two Dark Holes.

So, "bs auto-win" cards are completely out, but cards that win the game on their own without actually saying "you win the duel" are perfectly fine? Offering to take it out if your opponent doesn't want to be against it helps I guess, though I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to play against it.

"People don't complain about Quasar" psssssssssssssssssssh, yes they do. It's a 4k multi-attacker that can negate card effects off the bat and can normally OTK on its own. Despite its apparent difficulty (well, Rekindling and Soul Charge makes Quasar easy to Summon, so what difficulty are you talking about?), it's still a really annoyingly powerful card. This is why I said it's not generally a good idea to make incredibly-powerful-and-hard-to-Summon monsters.

Well, that's because bringing back Raigeki is a horrible idea. Adapting to different cards is a perfectly fine practice, but the cards you're adapting to become problems to the gamestate if you are forced to answer them immediately when they hit the field or else your match will spiral downhill from there. A good example of what should be is, let's say, Master Hyperion. 2700 ATK, 1/turn effect to pop a card (or 2 in Sanctuary Builds). You'll be inclined to run more Fiendish Chains or Breakthrough Skills because of this card. However, if you come across it and you don't have any Chains, Breakthroughs, BTHs, or TTs, you're just going to lose a card (or two) and probably take some damage. However, unless you just didn't have much Life Points left, you shouldn't be that screwed for not being able to answer Hyperion so quickly.

As for your offer, I would take it, but I'm no good at actually going out and finding them. I would have to be linked to the entire set or else I would never find them. And then I'm still in the middle of actually getting things to work.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:00 am

I honestly don't know any decks that can't really attack over a 1300 attacker.

Having Legendary Arrival played has never bothered me, regardless of what gets brought up, even Mewtwo. It just doesn't come off as that huge of a threat to me.

People exploit this game all of the time though. Why would I care about those who complain about someone's usage of them. I personally won't mix and match to make sure I have as many powerful outs in this game as possible. If the cards I come up with don't do it, "Game 2?"

lol I honestly have never put effort into keeping Makura on the field. I don't show my monsters Bushin Love. If they die, I'll try to banish them to Special Summon them, somehow.

I know the usefulness of Black Horn, which is why I used it in that particular situation. We'll just always see Suppression differently.

They play within the banlist...add someone else's cards that just 'sends all monsters on the field to the graveyard' or 'returns all monsters on the field to the top/bottom of the deck/ to the hand' now they have a crazy amount of field clearing cards, even if played at 1 each.

You and I also see cards like Quasar differently too. I don't mind cards that take a while to setup and are hard to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Torpzun

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:28 am

Plenty of Decks (most of which are bad), but more importantly is how many can get over a 1300 beater twice in a turn.

Well, it kinda is. Shutting down all of your opponent's effects for two turns is insanely powerful. 2900 is just really hard to get rid of by battle, and if you can't use any card effects at all, it's virtually impossible.

For the sake of your cards being held in a positive light. Nobody is going to want to play against a Deck if it has crazy-powerful and unfixed combos that are exploited. When this happens in the real game, people actually quit playing Yugioh altogether.

It's just something to try. Void banishes any threatening monster your opponent Summons, Suppression negates any Spells or Traps that may be a problem, and then you can use Makura multiple times to ultimately cut your opponent's resources down a lot. I mean, Confiscation is banned.

And that's why there shouldn't be any Dark Hole remakes from the players. It means that there's ultimately more field-nukes in the game, and chances are those cards aren't even balanced well. :/
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Most players I've seen even to horrible ones can beat a 1300ATK monster twice in a turn. >.>  Now the ones stuck back in GX era cards on the other hand might have an issue but even than beating 1300ATK twice in a turn wouldn't be that hard.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 9:43 pm

that 'trying' to beat a 1300 attacker or even labeling it a 'beater' has been baffling me for the longest! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation   Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon vs D.D. Dragons compilation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1