a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Samurai Wolves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pullo

Pullo

Member Title : Wolf Trainer

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:07 am

Before I introduce the cards, I'd first like to say that the credit for the arts in every card used here belongs to SheltieWolf from Deviantart.

So after finding these amazing arts in Deviantart (as well as the amazing backstory SheltieWolf gave to each character), I decided to make an archetype out of them, and now they are my favorite cards ever. >_<
Each of them have an effect that helps their Wolf friends (reminiscent of Six Samurai monsters, but not quite), and every male wolf has an effect that kills the opposing monster if they are destroyed by battle, as well as an effect that triggers when they are destroyed by a card effect. The 2 female wolves have effect that are more simple, triggered simply when destroyed (no matter if it was battle or card effect). 

I really, really want people to help me make/balance this cards so that they get added to MackPro, so don't be afraid to leave suggestions, as well as suggestions to other people's suggestions, since I'll be considering everything that is said on this thread. 

Here they are:

First off is Takeru and his backstory, which I took from SheltieWolf's deviantart page:
"Takeru's mane is brilliant red. His element is fire. He is a brave and indomitable male wolf."
Wolf Warrior Takeru:

Firstly, you can notice that this card is indeed very good, but I wanted Takeru (which is SheltieWolf's main character) to be an exceptional card. Since he is the leader and commander, he gives a boost of 500 to each monster his owner has on the field. When he has another wolf fighting with him, he can attack twice (an effect I took from the Six Samurai monsters). Now, if Takeru ever falls in battle, he takes his opponent with him, which is the signature effect of the male wolves. And lastly, Takeru's brave spirit will revive him during the End Phase if he ever falls by a card effect. I gave him these effects to reflect his brave spirit. 

Next is Takeru's girlfriend, Oto-Tachibana:
Her element is water.
"She is an affectionate, merciful and mild girl. But she will get angry if enemies hurt her family and friends, especially she terribly furious when Takeru is hurt by enemies."
Oto-Tachibana:

I gave her these effect to reflect her protective nature. Firstly, a boost of 600 DEF to all monsters you control is a Yin to Takeru's Yang (they are girlfriend and boyfriend after all). Also, if she has another Wolf with her, the opponent cannot target them with card effects, which is an effect that compliments her nicely since she is a 2000 DEF wall, giving a solid defensive boost to the archetype. And finally, if she is destroyed, she summons another Wolf from the Deck. The effect is made so that she does not miss the timing. 

Next, is Mikaboshi:
His element is sky. He is clever and keen wolf. But, at first he confronts Takeru. His girlfriend was taken as a hostage by monsters and he can't disobey their orders. But Mikaboshi and Takeru co-operate and rescue his girlfriend from the enemies. Mikaboshi thanks Takeru greatly and he becomes Takeru's best friend.
Mikaboshi:

His main feature is that he is a 1300 ATK direct attacker (which, although good, isn't game breaking by any means). Also, he gets a Six Samurai S/T popping effect (although he can pop either face-up or face-down cards), which helps the archetype greatly. He also gets the male wolf effect, and an effect that triggers when he is destroyed by a card effect, which makes your opponent lose a hand card. I gave him this effects to reflect his keen and clever nature (AKA control effects). 

Next, is Yachihoko:
"His element is thunder. He is a strong and gentle wolf. He like to take care of puppies and weak. But he has a sad memory. His family was killed by enemies and became an orphan. But he overcome the trouble and became a strong warrior. He has hoped to be strong for protecting his family and friends because he dislike to lost them again. He has trained his body and fighting skills hard."
Yachihoko:

I wanted an effect that helped protect his wolf friends, but I did not wanted to make it battle or effect destruction protection since those effects tend to suck. If you guys have any suggestion for his effect, please keep in mind that it must also help the archetype as a whole. Anyway, the effect is that he gains 300 ATK for each Beast (so that he is at least a 1800 ATK monster), and he Tributes himself (ala A-Team Trap Removal Unit) to negate and destroy a monster effect your opponent uses. He also gets the signature male wolf effect, and his effect destruction effect lets him destroy a monster. I could change Yachi's effect to negate a Spell/Trap/Monster instead, or only Spell/Traps, or leave him as he is now; make sure to give your opinion below!

Next, is Uzume:
"Her element is wind. Uzume is a cheerful mood maker. Besides she can sing with beautiful voice."
Uzume:

She's a big supporter for the archetype; she provides a way of returning fallen Wolves to the Deck as well as being a draw engine on her own. Also, just like Oto-Tachibana, she's a Tuner, which will matter once I've made the boss cards of the archetype, which will be LV6 Synchros. 

Next, is Kibi, which is Uzume's boyfriend:
"His element is earth. Kibi is a brave warrior. He lost his friends because monsters killed them. He revenged them. Takeru and his company helped Kibi when Kibi fought against Ura, who killed Kibi's friend."
Kibi:

Kibi's main theme is revenge. So I gave him an effect similar to Interplanetarypurplythorny Dragon that works for Wolves only (at the cost of 700 LP). It's also a good replacement for Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest since he works if Wolf is destroyed both by battle and card effects. If he is the only monster you have, his attack becomes 2100, and you can only control 1 Kibi. Since he's a male wolf, he gets the signature effect, and he gets a revenge effect (deals 1000 to your opponent) if he's destroyed by an effect. I can make him LV4 if you guys want. 

Next, is Inayori:
His element is light. He is a second cousin of Takeru. At first, he is a weak and coward puppy. But he will become a brave and strong male wolf as Takeru.
Inayori:

He has Special Summon effect, which adds some speed to the archetype. He also has a battle protection effect if you need some defense. 

Last, but not least, is Hozumi, which is Oto's brother:
He is Oto's brother. His fur is black like mid-night. Oto can meet him after a lot of trouble. His element is night.

Hozumi:

This is the archetype's Zombie Master. He adds more speed and versatility to the Deck. Since he's male, he also gets the signature effect, plus he revives a wolf if he is destroyed by an effect.

Next, I'll show a few support cards (keeping in mind that I may add more in the future):

Takeru's Howl
Takeru's Howl:
A RoTA for Wolves. Nuff said.

Wolf Family
Wolf Family:
Adds some well needed speed to the archetype. 

Uzume's Crying Howl
Uzume's Crying Howl:
A themed Salvage.

Gathering of the Samurai Wolves
Spoiler:
A themed backs to the wall. This card has already lot of restrictions, since you can only summon Wolves with different names, and you cannot Summon any more monsters during that turn. 

Yachihoko's Thunder Bite 
Spoiler:
This is a themed Divine Wrath, but with a small twist. After activation, it lets you search for a "Wolf Warrior" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck. 

Mikaboshi's Roar
Spoiler:
The themed Dark Bribe (it actually helps Beast-Type monsters), and after activation it lets you search for a Wolf Warrior Spell/Trap.

Legendary's Strike
Spoiler:
A themed Gladiator Beast War Chariot, but to prevent it from being OP, it only works when the only monster you control is a Wolf monster.

Takeru's Wolf Sword
Spoiler:
This card is a Beast support card. Originally meant to be a Beast-only Horn of the Phantom Beast, it turns any Beast-Type into a Karakuri Ninja, allowing it to Special Summon a Beast-type from the Grave. To avoid abusing it with Takeru, it has an once per turn clause. 

Takeru's Judo Throw
Spoiler:
This is an anti-meta card meant to support not only Wolves, but Beast-Types in general.

Uzume's Blossom Wish
Uzume's Blossom Wish:
This is the themed Icarus Attack. It also triggers the Wolves' destruction effects. 

Astral Wolf
Spoiler:
A themed Gold Sarcophagus, but it Special Summons the banished monster instead of adding to your hand. It also works for any Level 4 or lower Beast-Type. 

Jumping Wolf to the Rescue
Spoiler:
This card is awesome. I mean, it sounds like something you would see on the anime. I can make it Wolf-only if you guys wish, but I don't think it is needed.

Wolf Warrior's Respite
Spoiler:
Beast-Type need some love. If you guys wish, I can make either Wolf-only, or make it so that 5 monsters are returned to the Deck, but Beast-Type could definitely use the support. It could also help Ojamas. And Tanukis Very Happy.

Last edited by Pullo on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:44 am; edited 18 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pullo

Pullo

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 1:08 am

Takeru's Fiery Spirit
Spoiler:
This card was added for pure awesomeness. If it is added, then I think it should be Limited. It is extremely versatile, being an Ego Boost, Kurenai and Icarus Attack (if you have only 1 monster) for Beast-Types. 

Oto's Watery Magic
Spoiler:
This card was also added for pure awesomeness. If it is added, then I think it shouldbe either Limited or Semi'd. It is also extremely versatile since it is a Forbidden Lance, Compulsory (with a cost), or Monster Reborn that works for the opponent's Graveyard only (also with a cost). Beast-Types need the love, though.

Mikaboshi's Comet Strike
Spoiler:
Added for the coolness factor. Like the two others above, if it is added, it should be Limited. It is a Diffusion Wave Motion, Heavy Storm (with a cost) and Water Art - Aoi in one. It is also Beast-Type support. 

Orion, the Wolf Soldier
Spoiler:
Some Beast-Type support. It is also a 1900 beater, which is nice.  He was made to be an insta-staple, and if he is added, then I will request that he be put at 1. 

Wolf Pack
Spoiler:
This card was made for a reason: to make Beast-Types good, or give them something that's at least very useful. It is a Beast-Type The World Tree/Gateway of the Six since it gains Counters for Beast-Types that are Summoned (except by its own effect) or destroyed, and has a bunch of cool effects. I added the draw 1 when destroyed effect, but it can be removed without compromising the playability of this card. I also made the Pup Tokens for your enjoyment! Very Happy 

Wolf Pup Token #1
Spoiler:
Wolf Pup Token #2
Spoiler:
Wolf Puppies
Spoiler:
The other way of Summoning the adorable Pup Tokens. They have higher levels than Scapegoat, but can only be used as Synchro Materials for Beast-Type Synchro Monsters. They have the perfect level for Synchroing the boss monsters of this archetype, or the 3 Unicorn Synchros. 

Now we'll talk about the boss monsters:

Legendary Wolf Warrior
Spoiler:
Here it is: the ace monster of the archetype! It has 2500 attack which is just right, and also effects that help him during battle. I also gave him very anime-esque effects, like an Armades, Keeper of Boundaries effect and a LP gain.

Valon, the Wolf Knight
Spoiler:
Since Legendary Wolf Warrior is the offensive Synchro, this is the defensive Synchro. It has generic Synchro requirements since it is not too strong. It protects your life points and your other monsters with dignity.

Firebound Wolf Takeru
Spoiler:
The first from the Xyz monsters, which are all Beast-only and are supposed to be powered up versions of the originals. This can be made using any Beast deck, and is essentially a 2300 ATK Takeru (although it can give the power-up to any Beast-Type monster). It also has a Starliege Paladynamo effect, replacing itself with a card once it is destroyed. 

Lunarbound Wolf Mikaboshi
Spoiler:
The second of the Xyz monsters, this one is a powered-up Mikaboshi. It pops S/Ts equal to the numbers of Beast-types you control (I could make it Wolf-only though), and also replaces itself when it is destroyed.

Waterbound Wolf Oto-Tachibana
Spoiler:
The third Xyz monster, it is meant to be a versatile card, and can be used to protect your monsters from destruction, or to stall. It also has the Starliege Paladynamo Effect. In my opinion, this is the best out of the 3 Xyz monsters.

Lightning Yachihoko
Spoiler:
Oh look it's a contact fusion! This card is made so that it is very good when you're in a pinch. Since the monster are returned to the Deck, I don't think you can use Tokens (please correct me if I'm wrong), but it was meant to be Summoned without tokens anyway. So, it restrict your others monsters from attacking, and pops one of your opponent's card each turn. It also destroys a card and Summons a Beast from Graveyard when destroyed, which is an effect similar to what Yachihoko has. (Obs.: It was not meant to Summon itself when destroyed. If the wording doesn't cover that already, I'd add that to the card.) 

..and there you go, my Wolf cards! If you love them as much as I do (which is a lot), then you'll help me make them balanced enough to be added on Mackpro! I'm coding them all (slowly), and will provide a link with all scripts/data soon, but in the meanwhile, you can give your input below so that I can make these cards even better ! Thanks for your time! cheers

Last edited by Pullo on Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

Member Title : D.D. Dragon Kaiser

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 6:24 am

At a quick glance (promise i'll return with a full list review) but I don't know if this will come off nitpicky but I think that all the effects should be listed as and work for 'Samurai Wolves' instead of 'wolf' monsters. It makes them distinct and instantly points out to people that this is a stand alone deck that could benefit from beast support but not vice versa. That's only if you actually want this to be a stand along deck though. It'll be a sec but I'll have the list review. That just stuck out to me.
Back to top Go down
http:// https://www.youtube.com/user/cane63106/videos
Pullo

Pullo

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:12 am

I thought about that too; I plan on rewriting each card so that it says Wolf Beast-Type monsters, since most Wolves are Beast-Warriors. (There are only 2 Beast-Type Wolves: a vanilla, conveniently called "Wolf", and Diamond Dire Wolf, a Rank 4 Xyz.) That way, I only have to script 2 cards so that they are added to the set too. (Diamond Dire Wolf does not work properly since the archetype is full of LV3 monsters, but "Wolf" is a LV3 Vanilla if someone wants to use Rescue Rabbit shenanigans.)

The main reason I don't change each of them to Samurai Wolves, or rather, "Wolf Warrior" on the support cards, is that I like the flexibility of naming each card differently, like "Wolf Knight" or "Wolf Soldier"; it's just a style thing, not much really. Thanks for posting, though. Very Happy

EDIT: I've solved it. Archetype is now "Wolf Warrior" instead of simply "Wolf", and all cards that are not called Wolf Warrior have an Archfiend clause on their text. Mikaboshi's Roar and Yachihoko's Thunder Bite are now excellent searchers. o_o
Back to top Go down
Pullo

Pullo

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:28 pm

...Bump.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

Member Title : D.D. Dragon Kaiser

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 3:37 am

so, are you still wanting them deck to be able to blend into general beast/beast-warrior decks or be a stand alone? it'd really help me review them better.
Back to top Go down
http:// https://www.youtube.com/user/cane63106/videos
Pullo

Pullo

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 6:12 am

Each of the cards have been updated to include "Wolf Warrior" in their names/lores so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Samurai Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Samurai Wolves   Samurai Wolves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Samurai Wolves

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mackpro :: MackPro :: Custom cards - Multiple Cards-