a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

Member Title : Red-Eyes Lord

new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 3:22 am

this is prob broken as hell with dragon rulers lol

new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon JxFeINA
Pay 500 life points and return 1 Dragon-type monster on your Field to the Deck then shuffle the deck. Activate 1 of the following effects
• Remove from play 1 monster your opponent controls.
• draw 2 cards.
• Special Summon 1 Dragon-type monster from your hand ignoring the summoning conditions.
you must control at least 1 level 5 or lower Dragon-type monster to activate and use these effects.

Last edited by outlaw1994 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mackpro.forumotion.com
Torpzun

Member Title : TURBO MODE! STRAIGHT INTO A WALL!
Location : A place where the denizens wish they had some drugs.

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 6:45 am

It definitely is.

By being a Quickplay with costs in easily-negligible resources such as Life Points (a small amount at that) and banishing cards that are of little use to you anymore, this card requires little to no thought in playing. You just throw it out, and bam.

The first effect is basically "Banish a problem monster (banishing bypasses a lot of destruction, btw) and then get a Dragon Ruler." The second is chainable 7-Star Sword that allows Dragon Rulers to search during a time when using that effect won't conflict with other Dragon Rulers with the same name trying to use effects. The final effect is not as powerful, since the good Dragons can hit the field very easily without this card helping them.

To avoid this being bonkers with Dragon Rulers, it needs a cost that would not be easy to ignore (you won't miss those 500 Life Points ever). Since the Graveyard and hand are the same exact thing for them, and banishing triggers their searching effect, the only cost would be to put them back into the Deck. Alternatively, you could impose restrictions on the effects and/or what you can do for a while.
Back to top Go down
PandaBlackOps

PandaBlackOps

Member Title : Panda

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 7:24 am

I think there's way to make this card playable and not completely broken.You can make the cost more hefty such as returning a face-up dragon-type monster or a dragon-type monster in your hand to the deck then shuffle. Currently this card gives too much advantage for very little thought.
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

Member Title : D.D. Dragon Kaiser

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 7:30 am

1000 LP and You can only activate this card during your End Phase lol
Back to top Go down
http:// https://www.youtube.com/user/cane63106/videos
Torpzun

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 8:00 am

cane_63106 wrote:
1000 LP and You can only activate this card during your End Phase lol
The higher Life Point cost doesn't change much at all. Being able to activate this during the End Phase only hurts the first effect since you can't use it prior to the Battle Phase, though it not being chainable stops this from adding yet another card to the advantage when your opponent wastes a MST on it (which is normally a stupid play in the first place). The card would still be very broke. Neutral
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:31 am

updated does that make it more balanced
Back to top Go down
PandaBlackOps

PandaBlackOps

Member Title : Panda

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:38 am

Yea it's much better still overpowered but better than it was before lol.
Back to top Go down
Project Leviamon

Project Leviamon

Member Title : Busy with high school sadly

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:29 am

am i the only one that thinks this would be op with my Elemental Dragons lol. you can 'return to deck'(aka banish) an Elemental Dragon that would be destroyed and get a new one, then either banish opponent's monster,draw 2 cards or special summon another one lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=364458
Torpzun

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 5:27 pm

The last line about needing a Dragon to activate this is pretty redundant since you're getting rid of a Dragon that's on the field to use this. But yeah, it's much less abusable with Dragon Rulers now. The first and third effects are a -1, the second is a +0, and not banishing Dragon Rulers helps to prevent this from plussing too much. You could always use this as a Lance for them, though, or when they would bounce into your hand. But really, it's a lot better now.

Edit: What's this about returning to the Deck actually banishing the Dragon Rulers? I have to be missing something here.

Last edited by Torpzun on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cane_63106

cane_63106

Member Title : D.D. Dragon Kaiser

PostSubject: new Draogn Support - Attack of the Dragons   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Project Leviamon wrote:
am i the only one that thinks this would be op with my Elemental Dragons lol. you can 'return to deck'(aka banish) an Elemental Dragon that would be destroyed and get a new one, then either banish opponent's monster,draw 2 cards or special summon another one lol
i tripped off that too lol it could easily be placed in both our decks. outlaw, you're scripting this?

Last edited by Project Leviamon on Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : you placed the text in the post title lol)
Back to top Go down
http:// https://www.youtube.com/user/cane63106/videos
Project Leviamon

Project Leviamon

Member Title : Busy with high school sadly

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:53 pm

cane_63106 wrote:
Project Leviamon wrote:
i tripped off that too lol it could easily be placed in both our decks. outlaw, you're scripting this?
i would imagine he is.

i also fixed your post Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=364458
Daisuke-Aniki

Daisuke-Aniki

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 4:39 pm

Restrict that by a dragon who isn't level 7 and e-dragons are done Smile
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 am

updated
Back to top Go down
Daisuke-Aniki

Daisuke-Aniki

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:06 pm

That's better :3
Back to top Go down
Pullo

Pullo

Member Title : Wolf Trainer

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 pm

It cannot be abused by Dragon Rulers now, but I'd run Forbidden Lance any day over this card. pale 
I know the priority is to make balanced custom cards, but if you nerf them too much they become unplayable...
What about removing the LP cost, and changing the remove from play effect so that it removes any card rather than just monsters? That would make it at least semi-worth running since you can chain it to an effect that would pop your dragon.
And the last effect is redundant BTW, I don't see a need for it.
And I know that any dragon support is going to get a second look so that the Dragon Rulers don't abuse it, but the generic dragon support (REDMD, etc.) isn't even used by them. As long as a card doesn't banish or SS from Banished Zone, then you don't have to worry about e-Drags abusing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon   new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new Dragon support - Attack Of The Dragon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1