a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
XxDragoulxX

Member Title : Fire Guardian

cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Empty
PostSubject: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:38 pm

okay, so i've been having a few issues with making a card for my compositionist archtype. this is the effect i'm trying to make for it.

Effect:

the problem that i'm having is the fact that whenever it's destroyed, it searches for a spell card that fusion summons to special summon (which obviously cant be done). it also does not bar the player from activating the card the same turn you add it. between these two i'm very perplexed as to why the code isnt working the way i want it to. my coding knowlege is very limited and any search i start for ygo card scripting always leads to frankencoding, which obviously isnt working too well for me. any help with this, and the reasoning as to how you came up with said answer would be greatly appreciated. the code will be provided in the spoiler below as to not wall text this post

code:
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 4:59 am

I don't know if this will work, but can you try replacing the target and the operation with this and test it again?
Spoiler:
As I said, I can guarantee for nothing, I'm not a good coder myself... so better save a backup^^°
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2016 5:29 pm

unfortunately, that didnt work. it actually made it to where the effects didnt activate at all lol. thanks for the effort, though.i appreciate it Razz
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

Member Title : Trixie does not even...

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 11:31 pm

For the first problem, maybe you put the wrong setcode? Make sure it's right. Check your filter function. And er, what's the mfilter for?

And I've been out of it for a while, but I think for that second problem, in your thop function, that first line after "if tc:IsLocation(LOCATION_HAND) then" should be
local e1=Effect.CreateEffect(tc)
since you're using TC, but I could be wrong. Worth a try if you're stuck I suppose.
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 3:58 pm

well, that actually helped a lot! the tc effect did actually stop the card from activating the turn it was added to the hand, so one problem down Very Happy. as for the other issue, changing the filter for the th function to thfilter just stops the ability to activate the effect altogether. i have tried other combinations but the closest i've seemed to get was removing the m in the aforementioned mfilter (which i found out stops the code from working altogether if taken out) which had allowed me to only add a monster for the archetype from my deck to my hand.

as for what the mfilter code itself does, i have no clue. i originally assumed that it just finalized the filter for the ss effect, but after playing around with it a little, i don't think that's what it does at all.

thank you for your time and effort into trying to resolve my issue, trixie. the help was really appreciated! Smile
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 4:12 am

Oh. Sorry, I was looking at the 2nd effect and assumed that was the problem script for both. But you have 2 filter functions, so when you refer to it in your target and operation functions (the ones you named target and operation), it's using the bottom filter function; the one that looks for a fusion spell card which is what you're using for the search effect. I've made this mistake a ton of times. Just change the first filter function name to something else that's not already taken, and also change it for the target and operation functions.
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 8:54 pm

i'm assuming you mean something like this?
Spoiler:

if that's what you ment, then that didnt work, either. what that did in my case was add a monster from the archtype from my deck to my hand, including itself, as the chain effect and special summoned anything from the archtype from the deck including itself as the destruction effect. i've been looking over the code and poking around with it to see what changes with what filters i change and it hasnt been making much sense to me as to what happens when i change things. i'm going to try to look up how lua code works in the meantime so i can try to figure out exactly how the language works, but from past experiences, i didnt have much luck in finding anything relevant to ygopro lua. i hope i can get something better from google than a generalization of basic boolean and numbers explinations. thank you again Razz

EDIT: i should probably mention that i did try to change the condition to match the filter as well at one point, but it didnt change anything. didnt think to add that piece of information at the time, but there you go lol
Back to top Go down
TGAP-Trixie

TGAP-Trixie

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:23 am

Code:

That should work, and if you're wondering, I think you skipped the part where I said "and also change it for the target and operation functions." by which I meant change all instances of "filter" to whatever you changed it to (thfilter is what you went with) in your thtg and thop functions. I reread what I wrote, I suppose I wasn't too clear as to which functions Razz. Same thing for the spfilter, you changed the filter function name, but didn't change the references to it in the target and operation functions. So

function c4181928.spfilter(c,e,tp)
    return c:IsSetCard(0x3) and not c:IsCode(4181928) and c:IsCanBeSpecialSummoned(e,0,tp,false,false)
end
^ that is correct

function c4181928.target(e,tp,eg,ep,ev,re,r,rp,chk)
    if chk==0 then return Duel.GetLocationCount(tp,LOCATION_MZONE)>0
        and Duel.IsExistingMatchingCard(c4181928.filter,tp,LOCATION_DECK,0,1,nil,e,tp)
^ notice the filter there. It references nothing since you changed the
filter function name to spfilter. But if you change that line to spfilter then it will work.

Duel.IsExistingMatchingCard(c4181928.spfilter,tp,LOCATION_DECK,0,1,nil,e,tp)
^ this would be correct
Back to top Go down
XxDragoulxX

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 8:05 am

well, i feel like an idiot lol

just now figured out what you ment by that, and the card works as designed. thanks for putting up with my shinanigans lol. looking forward to showing you what the end result of the completed deck looks like! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated   cards - issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

issues with cards for my archtype. help appreciated

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1