a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mechanica Cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VCR_CAT

Member Title : The Original and Best

cards - Mechanica Cards Empty
PostSubject: Mechanica Cards   cards - Mechanica Cards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 9:29 am

Long time no see; you might remember me from my introduction of the Mecha Armor archetype. Well I'm here with another one I cooked up that I call Mechanicas.

Mechanicas are a smaller archetype I made, focused more on monsters and semi-generic support. The design lies in grave-management, combos, and a hint of swarming. On their own this deck creates a fairly muscly rank 4 and 7 deck, but their true potential is hidden in being combined with other archetypes and decks. You can see the entire archetype here on a convenient Imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/a/ia0AJ
However, I will continue on to explain the cards here.

First off are the only two forms of backrow for the archetype; Mechanica Factory and Mechanica Junkyard.
cards - Mechanica Cards ZUzhExR cards - Mechanica Cards HttNyP9
The design for these cards is simple: to further the Mechanica engine and help with hand-presence and combos. As the deck goes on, you'll find that many of the cards rely on how many monsters you have in your grave, and as such Junkyard is there to help speed that up while Factory is there to help manage it.

Next up are "The Little Four"; the four Level Four Mechanicas that help define the grave-presence mechanic of the deck. Introducing Mechanica Soldiers Mk. I, II, and III, as well as Mechanica Scavenger.
cards - Mechanica Cards M75wEfn cards - Mechanica Cards A1xUjIF
cards - Mechanica Cards P1dAGw6 cards - Mechanica Cards TVuEQFJ
The purpose of the three Soldiers is to set-up the engine with their affects, as well as effects to support certain stages of the game: Mk. I for the early game, Mk. II for the mid-game, and Mk. III for the late-game. Finally, Scavenger is the lone-wolf of the level-4's with a focus on recycling the machines in the grave to help keep options alive.

Following "The Little Four" is of course "The Big Four"; four Level 7 Mechanicas that reap the fruits that The Little Four have set up. Introducing Brawler, Junkman, Smelter, and Sprinter.
cards - Mechanica Cards K7ao8wN cards - Mechanica Cards 5v59zPR
cards - Mechanica Cards FtbiYax cards - Mechanica Cards GJoZ9Xx
These big fellas help define the main muscle and engine of the Mechanicas. If it wasn't obvious by now, the deck takes a turn towards the Xyz theme with each of these cards working towards the effects that The Little Four have set-up to create some deadly combos.

Taking a breather from the two main themes is the main-deck Mid Boss of the Mechanicas, a Late-Game monster known as Gunner.
cards - Mechanica Cards MLU6lx7
Assisting in the swarming and overall engine of the deck, Gunner helps support the mid and late games of the Mechanicas as well as providing a bit of muscle himself.

So the deck can swarm fairly well and maintain a decent presence off of its cards, but what of it? Besides a few modest beat-sticks, what do I gain from these cards? Introducing the name of the game for the Mechanicas, their Xyz cards Scout, Soldier Mk. IV, Gunpod, and the Big Boss Sentry.
cards - Mechanica Cards MuN10IZ cards - Mechanica Cards PwUIM1C
cards - Mechanica Cards FioMq5z cards - Mechanica Cards DrzKlL3
Reaping the fruits of the swarming are the rank 4 and 7 monsters that will work well in many a machine deck. Whether your flavor is combo-ing off of Gunpod or searching with Scout, there is hopefully a good use of these cards for every machine fan out there.
Back to top Go down
AoO

AoO

Member Title : Noob4ever

PostSubject: Re: Mechanica Cards   cards - Mechanica Cards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 12:22 pm

The Artworks are cool!!
Your effects are also good and matching together, but I bet that you have a huge problem with your hand cards, because you discard so much or rather sp summon from your hand that your hand is 0 after only 1 turn. This makes it very vulnerable against a dark hole, if you don't have your level 7 monsters in your grave:/
Back to top Go down
VCR_CAT

PostSubject: Re: Mechanica Cards   cards - Mechanica Cards Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 8:29 pm

Well, that's where the wonderful effects of Gunpod and Factory come in. If you had an ideal hand, you could summon up to 2 Gunpods in one turn, and if they're removed then that becomes three monsters back to your hand, then draw a card on your next turn and use Factory to add one more. That is, of course, if you're given a really good hand.

The resource-intensiveness is a part of the archetype that I like. Not only is grave management priority, but you need to pace your plays -just so- to prevent yourself from over-extending.
Back to top Go down
KettouRyuujin

Member Title : Imagniative Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mechanica Cards   cards - Mechanica Cards Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:46 am

...Wow. Just...
Wow.
How long til' these are coded? [also, sorry if I'm necroing...]
Back to top Go down
VCR_CAT

PostSubject: Re: Mechanica Cards   cards - Mechanica Cards Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 6:36 am

Well, seeing as how I can't code; this depends entirely on if someone actually wants to pick up that challenge. Alas, I am without the ability to code.
Back to top Go down
StormWing0

Member Title : Over Creative Card Ideas

PostSubject: Re: Mechanica Cards   cards - Mechanica Cards Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Hopefully with the new update of MackPro we'll see it being easier to code the cards without having to think as much.  For harder effects though you'll still need to manually code. >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanica Cards   cards - Mechanica Cards Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mechanica Cards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1