a place for all your custom card needs you can post scripts pics and request for card to be made also please donate to the funding for a new server made for custom card duels

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Card Bug Reports

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KingofDarkWorld

KingofDarkWorld

Member Title : KingofDarkWorld

Card - Card Bug Reports Empty
PostSubject: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 6:24 am

I'm not really sure if this what this section was designed for considering i've only seen people talking about the coding bugs with their cards but I've seen a few cards with bugs and I thought if it's alright I could make a thread here and post the bugs I find. Other people could post their bug reports here too, it seems like a good idea so we can figure out what cards have problems or not. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to save replays against the AI which until I find a way to get my hamachi to work is the only way I can duel. So I'm not going to be able to post any replays and I also am unsure of exactly how I'm supposed to find the card scripts for custom cards. I looked in my folder but I couldn't find the scripts for custom cards. Outlaw, if you think this would be a good idea I can post all the bugs I find here and make a list of what I saw was wrong.

EDIT: Alright I have the first card posted, If this isn't a good format to use just tell me and I can fix it. I was trying to make it easy to figure out what was wrong without having to go and playtest the card or anything.

-------------------
-Card 01
Card Name: Ironclad Backup Shield
Card Effect: Target 1 face-up "Full Defense" monster you control; change it to Attack Position, then Special Summon 1 "Full Defense" monster of Level 4 or below from the Deck in Attack Position. During the End Phase if you control an Xyz Monster, detach 1 Xyz Material from it. You can only activate 1 "Ironclad Backup Shield" per turn.

Problem Description: This is an odd one, normally the spell does not even allow me to activate it. I was sure to check the conditions on the field and everything was correct according to the card text. It seems to let me activate it on some occasions for reasons I can't seem to figure out. It allowed me to activate 1 I drew during the start of that turn before I did anything else once. Also it can't seem to be searched by the effect of "Full Defense Giant".

-------------------
-Card 02
Card Name: Golden Castle of Stromberg
Card Effect: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Castle_of_Stromberg (Note: The wording on mackpro is different but it basically does this.)

Problem Description: The part where you send half your opponent's cards in the deck to the graveyard each turn does not work and it destroys itself. I was able to build a deck around skipping my standby phase to keep it around and I didn't find any other problems.

--------------------
-Card 03
Card Name: Defense Wall's (Note: Grammar error here, it says "Wall's" but it says "Walls" on the card image itself.
Card Effect: Decrease the ATK of all your opponent's monsters x200 for each "Temple" monster you control.

Problem Description: It just plain doesn't work, I activate it and there is no effect.

--------------------

Last edited by KingofDarkWorld on Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
outlaw1994

outlaw1994
Admin
Admin

Member Title : Red-Eyes Lord

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 am

this is a good idea and replays in ai are disabled atm as there unstable and dont work
Back to top Go down
https://mackpro.forumotion.com
KingofDarkWorld

KingofDarkWorld

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:45 am

Alright, I'll get to it right away. Anyone else who might have encountered bugs, feel free to post here and i'll be sure to add it all to the list. We should try and make the report as detailed as possible since there are no replays. I will be happy to verify any bugs posted myself too.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

Member Title : Legendary Planet

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 5:58 pm

Ok, another one: "illusion Gate" doesn't trigger Horakheys effect if it summons him.
It's either a problem with the code or with the description...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiktion.de/u/VB99
KingofDarkWorld

KingofDarkWorld

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Interesting, I would think that would work fine, I suppose it was coded so you won when you tribute the monsters or something. This seems like a bug with horakhty to me since it's effect won't activate when summoned. It could be that this is how the card was supposed to work though since there are certain rules about win conditions and all that. If you're sure it's a bug then i'll post it up there though, it does seem like it should work.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:35 pm

I guess it is coded that way...
But I still think that we should at least change the effect description, turning "if this card is special summoned" to "if this card is correctly special summoned by it's own effect", just to make the confusion go away...

Greetings
VB99
Back to top Go down
KingofDarkWorld

KingofDarkWorld

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 10:54 pm

I'd defentally agree with you there. This is how it was originally worded in the card though so if we change it the card will be different than the real one. I think either we should change the effect to work or just reword it anyway though.

EDIT: There may just be a bug with Illusion Gate after all though, I just realized something, you said you could summon it with Illusion Gate but it's a rule that monsters cannot be summoned from the graveyard even by ignoring the summoning conditions if they weren't summoned properly and if horakhty was summoned properly then there would be no way to use illusion gate since they would win. If Illusion Gate bypasses that rule that seems like quite a bug to me. I'll wait for you to reply to confirm that is what you meant before I post it though.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:13 pm

Afaik that rule only counts for extra deck monsters... At least I know that it is like this for fusion monsters.
If it would be otherwise, the card "Immortal Class" would be entirely senseless, as it does exactly this.

From "Advanced Ruling" (yugioh.wikia.com): 
If a monster is Special Summoned from your Extra Deck by a card effect it is not treated as a Fusion Summon, unless stated on the card. For example Special Summoning a monster from your Extra Deck using "Cyber-Stein" is not considered a Fusion Summon.
Normally, Fusion Monsters cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard or Banished Zone unless they were properly Fusion Summoned before being sent. You cannot use "Re-Fusion" to revive a Fusion Monster that has been Special Summoned using "Cyber-Stein" or sent to the Graveyard by "Fusion Guard". Fusion Summoned Monsters can be revived using cards such as "Re-Fusion" unless stated otherwise.
So yeah, you sure you don't mean that rule?
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:05 pm

New one: If the effect of advanced crystal beast emerald tortoise is applied twice, it changes the targeted monster to attack position.

EDIT: In the same chain on the same monster, that is.

Last edited by VB99 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingofDarkWorld

KingofDarkWorld

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:57 am

Thank you for the new report, i'll make note of that and check it out soon. The rule I was referring to is this one:
Nomi monsters cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard or Banished Zone even by 'ignoring their Summon Conditions', if it has not been properly Special Summoned by the Summoning condition written in its own text first.
Nomi monsters can be Special Summoned from the hand/Deck, regardless, but note that this is not a proper Special Summon, so if the monster is later sent to the Graveyard, it cannot be Special Summoned at all.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ignoring_the_Summoning_conditions
According to this Illusion Gate shouldn't work in this case as far as I know, but it is an anime card and already banned so I suppose it's alright if it does something like that anyway.
Back to top Go down
VB99

VB99

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Ok then it's a bug with the Gate.

Gotta admit, I didn't know that rule.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Card Bug Reports   Card - Card Bug Reports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Card Bug Reports

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1